IGNORED

Manchester Tickets Tomorrow

YCbrs

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

So the club are rewarding people AND raising prices due to 'supply and demand'? You can't have it both ways...

Why not? They're completely different things.

The reward is actually getting a ticket. The price is irrelevant. If you're willing to pay it there's no issue.

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

As for raising prices to meet supply and demand, I think that sucks big time, but that's business.

They haven't raised the prices. This is a Gold category match, and rightly so.  Had we drawn Bournemouth at home, maybe the tickets would have been cheaper......as in previous rounds.

The majority think the club have got the pricing and procedure spot on.

22 minutes ago, Selred said:

Good. And you're not a Man Utd fan (who could of bought on general sale).

So the system did work. 

In all honesty, I only had to buy a membership and a ticket for another home game. So i guess anyone could do the same - it only amounted to £80. 

Turns out it was a very fair ticketing system - which numpty said it wasn't? ;-)

28 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Slim chance it could make general sale then?

If it does I'll make sure to be somewhere where I can get online for 10am to have a pop at getting a ticket.

I'll be very surprised if this makes general sale - I totally expect 1k to sell to priority 4, which is standard members

1 minute ago, MurrayLives said:

Why don't you just buy a membership? Will save you money over the course of a year anyway.

I can't afford to get to games often, so far I have done 4 this season, 2 cup games via goodwill of a poster on here, and 2 league through the goodwill of another.

It took me a month to save enough spare money to get a ticket for Palace, and then after buying it I ended up having something I was needed for on the night so passed on the ticket to my Brother in law (who then paid me the value even though I told him he didn't need to, to his credit).

If I knew I could do more than 1-2 games from saving my money then I would have got a membership as I have done in the past, but unless you can manage 4 games the membership is just an added cost, and one that I couldn't afford.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I can't afford to get to games often, so far I have done 4 this season, 2 cup games via goodwill of a poster on here, and 2 league through the goodwill of another.

It took me a month to save enough spare money to get a ticket for Palace, and then after buying it I ended up having something I was needed for on the night so passed on the ticket to my Brother in law (who then paid me the value even though I told him he didn't need to, to his credit).

If I knew I could do more than 1-2 games from saving my money then I would have got a membership as I have done in the past, but unless you can manage 4 games the membership is just an added cost, and one that I couldn't afford.

You get £5 off being a member so you’d of nearly paid for it had you got one at start of season. 

12 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

You get £5 off being a member so you’d of nearly paid for it had you got one at start of season. 

I'd have nothing, for the cup games a member of the forum very kindly bought the tickets for me, for the league games another member of the forum very kindly let me use a season ticket that wasnt being used that day.

I'd have £5 saved from the Palace game which took me a month to save for at vastly reduced prices.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Can you afford 80 quid? That'll get you a Man U ticket plus one other game (and also a membership). Still tickets left in that priority category

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Around 900 left now.

Fully expect them to go before any general sale.

I actually think it might be quite close. Based on sales so far we have sold tickets to around 8,000 members. You would imagine the vast majority of “genuine” members would have been to at least one game this season, especially with the incentives for this game. There isn’t much point being a member if you don’t go to games.

So the remaining 900 tickets are therefore likely to be selling to United fans who bought memberships off the back of the draw, or rugby fans with a very casual interest in football. It will be interesting to see if that number exceeds 900. I think a lot of people might have been put off buying a membership having seen the sales process - but maybe a few will now buy now it looks likely that tickets will be available.

One things for certain, if it does make general sale it will be a very brief bunfight!

Im in priority group 15.

Logged in to find I was 120th in the queue and when I got to the front of the queue was lucky enough to get 4 tickets

..... to see Bucks Fizz at Butlins Minehead next June! 

Does anyone have any info on this scenario and how to proceed to purchase. I'll have to phone the club in the morning but if you can help now I'd be grateful.

I have already bought my football ST seat at first priority. I want to help someone, a City fan, to get a seat using my Rugby ST as membership plus the purchase of three League Cup tickets. The ticket web site is telling me I don't have the correct priority.

My Supporter ID number is the same for both football and rugby ST's.

28 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Does anyone have any info on this scenario and how to proceed to purchase. I'll have to phone the club in the morning but if you can help now I'd be grateful.

I have already bought my football ST seat at first priority. I want to help someone, a City fan, to get a seat using my Rugby ST as membership plus the purchase of three League Cup tickets. The ticket web site is telling me I don't have the correct priority.

If you’ve got a join season ticket, you’ve got one ticket reserved for the match. 

30 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I would guess that if your football and rugby STs are for the same seat they would only count as one?

55 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

You're only entitled to one ticket I'm afraid.

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Unfortunatley not

If anyone knows of a spare ticket for the United game please consider James

(Ive been asking and asking without success for him)

I've met him and totally totally genuine  and open about his circumstances which are true, and a genuine football lover and a city fan going through a tough time

can anyone help ?

(Apologies @JamesBCFC for asking on your behalf but you are too polite to ask yourself - hope we can get you there fella ;) )

I for one happy to,pitch in towards his ticket i

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If anyone knows of a spare ticket for the United game please consider James

(Ive been asking and asking without success for him)

I've met him and totally totally genuine  and open about his circumstances which are true, and a genuine football lover and a city fan going through a tough time

can anyone help ?

(Apologies @JamesBCFC for asking on your behalf but you are too polite to ask yourself - hope we can get you there fella ;) )

I for one happy to,pitch in towards his ticket i

Thanks BBSB, had a message from someone a little while ago today. So hopefully will have it sorted soon.

1 hour ago, xerox6060 said:

Question- maybe answered elsewhere can I join in my friends name and address then purchase a ticket (but it would be on my payment details already held) 

I suppose you can. It doesn’t really make any difference to the club. 

I’m sure (ala the ticket sale thread) someone will tell it’s officially fraud, but in reality, it shouldn’t be a problem. 

Question- maybe answered elsewhere can I join in my friends name and address then purchase a ticket (but it would be on my payment details already held) 

Why not join in your partners/friends name at your address? You can have different ticket holders in one house.

• Admin

Yes- I often buy tickets for other people as they are unable to use the online system

Archived