IGNORED

O'Dowda : Confirmed out for 8-10 weeks (Merged)

kiwicolin

12 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I used to quite like prawn sandwiches but it seems over the years the taste has gradually been ringed out of them like an old dish cloth. The prawns used to taste great with watercress especially the large leaf watercress and I have to say the organic variety does taste better; no bones about it. I am going to give the ubiquitous sandwich one last try though but this time I am driving to Mevagissey for an afternoon tea at the Ship Inn; apparently renowned for locally caught common shrimp. The Brown shrimp, a little larger, but also has been over fished and tend to live in mud and sand compared to the common shrimp living in and around rocks. I am yet to decipher which tastes better though. I may report back on this obscure subject on a completely unrelated thread at a later date when, no doubt, I will be wearing a thermal vest; something I have forgotten all about until now.

Shrimp, Prawn.. Prawns have claws on three of their five pairs of legs, shrimp have claws on two of their five pairs of legs. Their gills and body shape are different too. As far as cooking them goes, they are virtually identical and interchangeable. And they are, actually, different species. More another time, perhaps or look it up yourself, or not. 

Havana,

There is a word to describe people like you - who derail a thread away from the original topic just to attract a few likes from fellow posters .....

You are just plain Shellfish!

47 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Havana,

There is a word to describe people like you - who derail a thread away from the original topic just to attract a few likes from fellow posters .....

You are just plain Shellfish!

He's having a whale (not a fish I know) of a time 

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I used to quite like prawn sandwiches but it seems over the years the taste has gradually been ringed out of them like an old dish cloth. The prawns used to taste great with watercress especially the large leaf watercress and I have to say the organic variety does taste better; no bones about it. I am going to give the ubiquitous sandwich one last try though but this time I am driving to Mevagissey for an afternoon tea at the Ship Inn; apparently renowned for locally caught common shrimp. The Brown shrimp, a little larger, but also has been over fished and tend to live in mud and sand compared to the common shrimp living in and around rocks. I am yet to decipher which tastes better though. I may report back on this obscure subject on a completely unrelated thread at a later date when, no doubt, I will be wearing a thermal vest; something I have forgotten all about until now.

Shrimp, Prawn.. Prawns have claws on three of their five pairs of legs, shrimp have claws on two of their five pairs of legs. Their gills and body shape are different too. As far as cooking them goes, they are virtually identical and interchangeable. And they are, actually, different species. More another time, perhaps or look it up yourself, or not. 

I thought this was your Middlesbrough match day thread ! 

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

That would have worked better without the non fish disclaimer, but well done on your first attempt at comedy on here...:yes:

I'd normally be affended by this post but then a I saw the poster was just angering for a response because he's a bit of a dogfish

On 11/28/2017 at 16:16, Grey Fox said:

Pushing Bryan uo to LM and bringing Magnússon in as LB, when coupled with Wright at RB gives us a very solid back four, with all of them Centre Backs at heart. Should be able to defend set pieces if nothing else.

It also gives us a threat through Magnussons throw ins.

That might give our wide men a little more license to go forward, with Patterson, Elliason and Lecce competing with Joe for the two spots

Brownhill, Smith and Pack can then compete for the central midfield positions.

Think it is CM we need to strengthen in January before worrying about the wide men

Spot on. yes feel could be worth a big signing in money and wages for the CM role

Pushing Bryan uo to LM and bringing Magnússon in as LB, when coupled with Wright at RB gives us a very solid back four, with all of them Centre Backs at heart. Should be able to defend set pieces if nothing else.

That might give our wide men a little more license to go forward, with Patterson, Elliason and Lecce competing with Joe for the two spots

Think it is CM we need to strengthen in January before worrying about the wide men

Spot on. yes feel could be worth a big signing of money and wages for the CM role

Spot on. yes feel could be worth a big signing of money and wages for the CM role

Just hope the rest of the squad can keep things ticking over during the next couple of months!

From January we will have Engvall back in the fold and maybe 1/2 new quality singings, then from the end of January staggered returns of Pisano, Diedhiou, O'Dowda, Hegeler, O'Neil and Lucic.......that's some quality to come back into the squad

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

So that’s pretty much all of December and January, about 12 matches that we won’t have a player that’s only missed one match  (granted some appearances have been as a sub). That’s not great.

It's a scary how the timing of the injury can make it so much more of a loss.

There's points of the season where an 8 week injury only misses 6-7 games.

O'Dowda could potentially miss 13 games in the next 8 weeks (FA Cup to be drawn and potential replay if we draw that game)

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not good news but it could have been worse I suppose.

Am I the only one who only understood about five words of Steve Allen`s explanation of the injury and treatment - a physio`s job has changed a lot since Buster`s day I reckon.:blink:

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not good news but it could have been worse I suppose.

Am I the only one who only understood about five words of Steve Allen`s explanation of the injury and treatment - a physio`s job has changed a lot since Buster`s day I reckon.:blink:

Agreed. Steve didn't mention the words, sponge, magic, or t shirt, once.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nope! I've been having a read and it sounds like a glorified cable tie used instead of screws and bolts.

suture is advanced through the drilled hole from a lateral approach 

Figure 6

Woman with right fibular fracture. The oblong button and fiberwire (pink) are passed through the drill hole by the pull-through suture (green).

The suture pulls the oblong button longitudinally across the hole until it can be flipped and attached to the medial tibial cortex. With traction to the ends of the suture, the lateral round button is attached. The suture is tightly tied by hand to stabilize compression (Fig. 7). In cases of Maisonneuve fracture, two Tightropes® may be placed. The procedure requires anatomic fibular alignment, and thus associated fibular fractures usually undergo simultaneous reduction and internal fixation (12).

Figure 7

Woman with right fibular fracture. The oblong button has been flipped perpendicular to the drill hole, and the pull-through suture has been removed. The round lateral button has been threaded over the fiberwire and secured adjacent.

:dunno:

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nope! I've been having a read and it sounds like a glorified cable tie used instead of screws and bolts.

suture is advanced through the drilled hole from a lateral approach 

Figure 6

Woman with right fibular fracture. The oblong button and fiberwire (pink) are passed through the drill hole by the pull-through suture (green).

The suture pulls the oblong button longitudinally across the hole until it can be flipped and attached to the medial tibial cortex. With traction to the ends of the suture, the lateral round button is attached. The suture is tightly tied by hand to stabilize compression (Fig. 7). In cases of Maisonneuve fracture, two Tightropes® may be placed. The procedure requires anatomic fibular alignment, and thus associated fibular fractures usually undergo simultaneous reduction and internal fixation (12).

Figure 7

Woman with right fibular fracture. The oblong button has been flipped perpendicular to the drill hole, and the pull-through suture has been removed. The round lateral button has been threaded over the fiberwire and secured adjacent.

:dunno:

Piece of cake!

In the Navy that'd be known as a Stokers Dobie 'itch!

Archived