IGNORED

O'Dowda : Confirmed out for 8-10 weeks (Merged)

kiwicolin

Pushing Bryan uo to LM and bringing Magnússon in as LB, when coupled with Wright at RB gives us a very solid back four, with all of them Centre Backs at heart. Should be able to defend set pieces if nothing else.

It also gives us a threat through Magnussons throw ins.

That might give our wide men a little more license to go forward, with Patterson, Elliason and Lecce competing with Joe for the two spots

Brownhill, Smith and Pack can then compete for the central midfield positions.

Think it is CM we need to strengthen in January before worrying about the wide men

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

That 2-3 weeks was probably because that's what LJ said on Sound of the City but the scans shown otherwise.

I'd say it's a pretty big blow, especially for away games. He works harder getting back than any other of our wingers and we'll miss that playing away, especially without our main fullbacks. I reckon we'll end up seeing Pato on the right and Bryan on the left with Mags at LB when we play away. I really don't want to see Brownhill at RM as he has a much bigger impact centrally.

I agree, JB on left mid and Pato on right is best option with Leko and Eliasson as back up. 

January could be a busy month as it stands, just hope we don't pick up any more long term injuries

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Oh dear. Worst season for injuries I can remember for a long time.

Totally agree. Since our promotion season we've been extremely fortunate with very few long term injuries. 

People said we'd signed too many players but I dread too imagine what last season would have been like with this many long term knocks

Gutted for COD who's been a revelation. Wish him and the other lads a speedy recovery. It's gonna be busy in the rehab gym but they'll keep each others spirits up

1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

O'Dowda out for three months. Luckily we have enough cover in Paterson, Eliasson & Leko.

Bryan can also play there with Magnússon slotting in at LB but gutting to have yet another player sidelined for a lengthy spell. 

Where did you hear that mate? I thought it was only supposed to be 2/3 weeks.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I think Eliasson's time has come. He's improved a lot recently, regular outings needed now.

The last time I seen him live was against Burton. Looked pretty nervous but it’s reassuring to hear he’s improving!

Massive blow to the team.

We play high tempo football...we need a fit squad to do this week in week out. Especially over the winter months and holiday period.

Our squad is getting smaller by the week and players are playing with knocks and not 100% fit. It's also been noticeable recently, how some players have look jaded and tired.

I don't think Leko and Eliasson are ready to play as regulars like Odowda has. Then take into account bookings mounting up.

This now leaves us with these players, and versions of that. Down to the bare bones now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------Fielding-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wright--------------------------------------Flint--------------------------------------Baker--------------------------------------------Mags

--------------Eliasson-------------------------------Brownhill------Pack-------------------------------------Bryan----------------------

----------------------------------------Reid------------------------------------------------Taylor--------------------------------------------------

Subs----Steele, Smith, Pato, Duric, Kelly, Leko, Woodrow.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Massive blow to the team.

We play high tempo football...we need a fit squad to do this week in week out. Especially over the winter months and holiday period.

Our squad is getting smaller by the week and players are playing with knocks and not 100% fit. It's also been noticeable recently, how some players have look jaded and tired.

I don't think Leko and Eliasson are ready to play as regulars like Odowda has. Then take into account bookings mounting up.

This now leaves us with these players, and versions of that. Down to the bare bones now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------Fielding-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wright--------------------------------------Flint--------------------------------------Baker--------------------------------------------Mags

--------------Eliasson-------------------------------Brownhill------Pack-------------------------------------Bryan----------------------

----------------------------------------Reid------------------------------------------------Taylor--------------------------------------------------

Subs----Steele, Smith, Pato, Duric, Kelly, Leko, Woodrow.

I like that side except for pack over smith . Also besides our horrendous injury list . The bench still looks decent . Time Eliasson to step up . Which is exciting. Let’s see what he’s about 

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Leko was absolute class in the Derby game. Not quite sure what has happened since!  

Leko came on v Fulham away and quite frankly his lack of work rate and drive nearly threw it away. He was supposed to be an outlet but was poor. Have to say we looked better v 11 men that night. Eliasson deserves to start on Saturday. 

So is that really COD's LOT for months? ... have we had our chips until around Valentines day next year? ... that scan appears to have truly rubbed salt into injury..  Can't condiment him enough for his excellent contribution to our season so far. 

Seriously its really sad news, he will be a big miss but we will survive..

Get well soon Callum ... haste la vista - you'll be back!  

Archived