IGNORED

Managerial roundabout (merged)

22A

3 minutes ago, Assassin Reid said:

TBF, Allardyce did a great job for Bolton in the Premiership but that was years ago. I think presently both are competent in this league and they should do a decent job up to a point. Can't see either being at these clubs in 2 or 3 years time though.

Sure, depends what your aspirations are I suppose. Hodgson got Fulham to the Europa League final once and has lived off that achievement ever since. Moyes is still in management purely based on his time at Everton etc.

Give someone new a chance instead of these washed up, has-beens.

5 minutes ago, Assassin Reid said:

TBF, Allardyce did a great job for Bolton in the Premiership but that was years ago. I think presently both are competent in this league and they should do a decent job up to a point. Can't see either being at these clubs in 2 or 3 years time though.

Doesn't seem that fans of either club are to happy with the appointments.

Both sets of fans think that will most probably stay up, witch to be fair Everton, after spending a fortune should maintain there record number of years in the top flight.

West Brom after a few years of watching non football must be a bit depressed by the appointment,

I must say year after year just about staying up even if it's in the SUPER league doesn't appeal to me.

Coventry held on for years, (ok one cup final) then after years of fighting relegation finally went then spent the next few years hanging on in the championship before the next drop.

At least if we ever do go up to the promised land, when and if it goes tits up I can't see Lansdown shipping Johnson out and bringing one of the failed managers that are on the merry go round.

It’ amazes me how football fans are so forgiving, It was only a couple of years ago that Allerdyce took bungs whilst he was the manager of England. He was already a multi millionaire, how greedy does he want to be.

It seems all morality has disappeared from football in the Premier money league, i for one can’t stand that league. 

40 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Sure, depends what your aspirations are I suppose. Hodgson got Fulham to the Europa League final once and has lived off that achievement ever since. Moyes is still in management purely based on his time at Everton etc.

Give someone new a chance instead of these washed up, has-beens.

The lad at Watford would have been a better appointment for Everton  in the long run I think and Allardyce would have been more suited to West Brom.

Just got back, virtually certain i just saw Alan Curbishley on Gloucester road talking to a property developer/Estate agent, I didnt catch much, but somthing about a few properties on Pembroke rd he and Michael Owen are involved with? mentioned somthing about regenerating some wasteland in BS7 too, but I was only passing so i didnt get it all. 

21 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Doesn't seem that fans of either club are to happy with the appointments.

Both sets of fans think that will most probably stay up, witch to be fair Everton, after spending a fortune should maintain there record number of years in the top flight.

West Brom after a few years of watching non football must be a bit depressed by the appointment,

I must say year after year just about staying up even if it's in the SUPER league doesn't appeal to me.

Coventry held on for years, (ok one cup final) then after years of fighting relegation finally went then spent the next few years hanging on in the championship before the next drop.

At least if we ever do go up to the promised land, when and if it goes tits up I can't see Lansdown shipping Johnson out and bringing one of the failed managers that are on the merry go round.

I live in Birmingham and regularly listen to the football phone-in and you're right, the West Brom fans aren't exactly doing cartwheels over Pardew's appointment although they're prepared to give him a chance.

They were made up when Tony Clueless got the sack though.

10 hours ago, Monkeh said:

McInnes will stay at Aberdeen imo

Quite by coincidence Aberdeen were away to Rangers tonight and lost 3-0. If Del does take the Rangers job, he'll receive more abuse than any Rovers player signing for City ever did.

9 hours ago, Chivs said:

Really pleased about this as it means next year there are two clubs we don't need to worry about finishing above in the Premiershit.

It’s called the Premier League which sort of ruins your joke....hasn’t been the Premiership for more than a decade...before you yell ‘pedantic’ it’s like calling the Champions League the Championship...

15 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Stoke may be about to pull the plug on Mark Hughes.....their replacement target......Lee Johnson

No way I would want LJ to leave, but, if it were to happen, who would  be the ideal replacement?

Looking back to LJ's appointment, I think it is fair to say that the general connects was a "proven" manager at this level with a list of well known names e.g. Warnock. In the light of all that has happened since and the way the club is now being run, would we want a proven , so called big name, or would we want the club to be more progressive and bring in a younger less proven manager, and even one from a lower league?

13 hours ago, CiderHider said:

Just got back, virtually certain i just saw Alan Curbishley on Gloucester road talking to a property developer/Estate agent, I didnt catch much, but somthing about a few properties on Pembroke rd he and Michael Owen are involved with? mentioned somthing about regenerating some wasteland in BS7 too, but I was only passing so i didnt get it all. 

Been done to death Cider!

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

In the last 12 years:

Palace: Pulis, Pardew, Allardyce, Hodgson

WBA: Hodgson, Pulis, Pardew

West Ham: Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes

Newcastle: Allardyce, Pardew

Everton: Moyes, Allardyce

Fulham: Hodgson, Hughes

Sunderland: Allardyce, Moyes

Stoke: Pulis, Hughes

Blackburn: Hughes, Allardyce 

Meanwhile in the Bundesliga they tend to promote young coaches. I believe there were 6 in their 30s at the start of this season.

Archived