IGNORED

Team for Boro

wendyredredrobin

30 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Djuric gives you more options from the bench I feeel.

Yeah, I get that. I just think he's a better player than Taylor (who I do like). Certainly if he's not fit enough to play 90 mins, I'd rather he came on against tired defenders for the last 30 than spend 60 min trying to wear them out. If he plays I just hope the message got through about not hitting long balls from the back to him every sodding time! 

2 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Yeah, I get that. I just think he's a better player than Taylor (who I do like). Certainly if he's not fit enough to play 90 mins, I'd rather he came on against tired defenders for the last 30 than spend 60 min trying to wear them out. If he plays I just hope the message got through about not hitting long balls from the back to him every sodding time! 

Taylor does a job but Djuric really unsettles defenders and harrys them 

11 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Agree with you about Taylor. Just don't think he is good enough to play in this league. He was supposed to be a goal scorer and has failed there. He may run about a bit but can't see he achieves much doing it.

I disagree with you and find it a bit harsh, my views which make me disagree are

#1 Since he signed our bad form changed and we survived.

#2 During that time he scored Goals and Got assist ( May I add some Vital )

#3 You mention that he runs around Achieving Nothing but that' part of his job, he runs to opens up spaces for others also making runs himself that tend rarely used

#4 Taylor is much better than Woodrow and IMO I'd pack Woodrow bags early, Taylor and Bobby upfront and Djuric Sub

12 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Only change to above for me, might be to start Pack in midfield and keep Eliasson to bring on as a sub at same time as Djuric.

Pretty certain Pack will not start. Not been as effective last few games and also a bit of a liability in that time with needless bookings that have put us at unnecessary risk going down to 10 men. LJ has appeared a little frustrated with him having to take him off to avoid him being sent off which is a waste of a substitution. 

15 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

According to one of their versions of OTIB Gary Monk plays his full backs high up the pitch - if this is the case , and I am sure our analysis chaps will have noticed if factual,Nicholas has to start in place of Calum.

If JB is fit I would play him on the left side of midfield and keep Maggs at LB.

Taylor and young Bobby as a pairing won't work, no way they will hold the ball up,play Milan and if he can only last 60 mins so be it, Taylor coming on against a tiring defence could be effective then.

The good thing about Mags is the long throw. 

I agree Taylor plays his role well. The problem for this game is the number of injuries. How to manage the midfield and take the threat to the opposition. We can just about be comfortable with Mags now he gives the ball away less and his positional awareness has improved. So if we play him and Bailey our best option is a flat back four with means no wing backs. We could play Joe and Eliasson as attacking threats from wide but that needs a target man and without plan A: Diedhiou and plan B: Duric unable to last 90 minutes that option requires C: Woodrow. I think we've tried that and it hasnt worked. Their wing-backs tend to get forward so a flat back four might work with a 4222 of Pack and Smith with Patterson and Brownhill behind Bobby and Taylor with Eliasson and Duric off the bench.

I think this is too experimental / different from ht LJ has done before so expect we'll play one up top though. Even if thats Bobby on his own

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Wouldn't mind that team. Pato and leko are more likely to create with intricate skill around the box for Bobby, than eliasson who is more likely to get a good cross in. Bring eliasson and Duric on with 20 or so minutes left. Duric can't seem to play 90 minutes and seems more dangerous off the bench. 

That is my main thinking. I am not opposed to Duric and Eliasson starting though. Just think they need to play together exclusively until Diedhiou is back. Then Eliasson’s crosses have another target. Though I do agree Duric is a better sub than starter. Plus we have seen with Duric he is the easy out. A little early pressure and we may pump aimless balls up towards him which doesn’t help us amd probably doesn’t help his legs. It is a long month and everyone will get chances. I am excited to see who steps up

Fielding

Wright - Flint - Baker - Mags

Paterson - Brownhill - Smith - Bryan

Taylor - Reid

If Bryan is still out, swap in Eliasson and have him switch wings with Paterson.

I wish we had another physical forward option to swap in for Taylor while Djuric is still being treated with kid gloves, as Woodrow was absolutely dire at Hull.

Taylor combined really well with Paterson through, so that is a positive.

Archived