IGNORED

Sheffield United.

EmersonsRed

One of those teams who people love to hate - I am not particularly fond of them myself, but they were phenomenal this evening. Brilliantly set up from the get go, I'm not even sure we played 'badly' pre-red card, I think they just played very well. Couple of very good technical players, before seeing them I had presumed they were just over-achieving. How wrong I was.

Make no mistake about it, that's a tremendous result. They will be up there come May!

COYR.

8 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

One of those teams who people love to hate - I am not particularly fond of them myself, but they were phenomenal this evening. Brilliantly set up from the get go, I'm not even sure we played 'badly' pre-red card, I think they just played very well. Couple of very good technical players, before seeing them I had presumed they were just over-achieving. How wrong I was.

Make no mistake about it, that's a tremendous result. They will be up there come May!

COYR.

That’s great...really great....I don’t know but would genuinely love to know what Sheffield United have done to make them a marmite team that people love to hate...in fact I don’t know many people who really give a monkeys about them,. In my opinion they will fade away and finish outside the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, super_scotty_murray said:

Brentford did but yes the first time since then. 

Aye I forgot that. They took us to the cleaners. But again we showed how to see out a game. Big big improvement in mental toughness from last season

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sheff U ‘tinpot’?! How so?

Media lap them up for no real reason. Haven’t really done anything of note in football....probably in their history. Ground is old as hell and never full. Fans that think they’re great but really aren’t. Give that whole “northern steel” crap but today cried and whinged over every shove. 

They are literally a northern version of West Ham. 

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Media lap them up for no real reason. Haven’t really done anything of note in football....probably in their history. Ground is old as hell and never full. Fans that think they’re great but really aren’t. Give that whole “northern steel” crap but today cried and whinged over every shove. 

Be prepared for him quoting a shitload of stats at you in response. 

Was impressed by their style of play which we struggled to play our normal game against. Last season we would have lost that comfortably but having the best centre back partnership in the league meant we stayed in the game. Not many teams will win there. Wilder comes across as a cock. 

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

They averaged 22k at home last season in league one, in a two team city that is smaller than Bristol...they’ve been to the FA Cup Final six times, winning it on four occasions...they’ve been champions of all four divisions in England...they’ve been runners up nine times in the four divisions...hardly ‘tinpot’....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They averaged 22k at home last season in league one, in a two team city that is smaller than Bristol...they’ve been to the FA Cup Final six times, winning it on four occasions...they’ve been champions of all four divisions in England...they’ve been runners up nine times in the four divisions...hardly ‘tinpot’....

But can they do on a cold Friday night in Sheffield down to 10 men??

Archived