IGNORED

Sore losers

Cider red

Over the season we've had them, how dare poxy Bristol city with their long ball shite steal a point or three. Sheffield United fans are THE worst moaners so far. Yes they battered us but, they whinge about the ref, some are swearing blind it wasn't a sending off. That tackle could have ended koreys career, and I've seen posts saying they wish his legs were broken. Guess what Sheffield United, we played nowhere near as we Can, and we still got the points, hope they drop like a stone. Blood and guster will only get you so far and teams will now work them out. Much prefer Wednesday, proper team and fans.

Had a nose on their forum and it seems to be 50:50 in terms of decent football fans and a bunch of pathetic kids with an overblown sense of entitlement, a bit like Barnsley fans (is it a Yorkshire thing?).

Yes, they battered us until one of their players saw the red mist and deservedly got himself sent off. I would like to think that if the boot was on the other foot our staff and fans would be saying a moment of stupidity cost us the game not blaming the opposition for daring to beat us.

If you want to be successful you have to find a way to win when you are shite like we did last night not get done 4-2 like they did the week before!!

It happens in football, sometimes you batter a team and you don’t get your rewards for it. They’re not the first or last team in history to say that. How can we be in the top 7 with that team? Cos we got 40 points so far that’s why and not all of them were lucky!!!!

One belter said we didn’t earn the points. Ok then, defending as though you’re life depends on it isn’t earning points?!!!

The referee was good, he let the game flow and blew up only when he needed to for both sides.  We did not play at our best and I can understand why they feel unlucky to lose.  The sending off hit them hard, but it was well deserved.

They did play very well in the first half and opened us up a fair few times.

But there have been games where we have deserved to win or draw and come away with nothing. That's football.

Thought Korey was our best player in the first half.

They had a good start to the second half and looked a good team.

Ref got it bang on for allowing play to continue for our first goal and giving the straight red.

We were far from our best and another away win in the bag.

Sign of a very good team scoring at the end of each half.

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The referee was good, he let the game flow and blew up only when he needed to for both sides.  We did not play at our best and I can understand why they feel unlucky to lose.  The sending off hit them hard, but it was well deserved.

They did play very well in the first half and opened us up a fair few times.

But there have been games where we have deserved to win or draw and come away with nothing. That's football.

From half time until the red card I thought he was influenced by the home crowd, and United seemed to be getting the benefit of many decisions. 

In particular they conned the ref whenever Duric went for a high ball and after his booking, and Fleck's spending off,  it would not have surprised me to see a United defender going down holding his face after an ariel challenge with Milan looking to get him a red card and tempt the ref to "even things up".

Give the ref his due, he did try and let the game flow, which in many ways suited United, as when they got into their stride they caused us problems and made it hard for us to play our normal game. Although, it also benefitted us once we gained a foothold in the game later in the second half.

I don't think we were poor, because United's game did not give us the time and space to play how we like, but what it did enable us to show was the resilience we have as a team to get something out of games were we are on the back foot and put under pressure.

Wolves, Brentford Hull and now Sheff Utd are the games that will count as much at the end of the season as the spectacular victories where we dominated games.

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

From half time until the red card I thought he was influenced by the home crowd, and United seemed to be getting the benefit of many decisions. 

In particular they conned the ref whenever Duric went for a high ball and after his booking, and Fleck's spending off,  it would not have surprised me to see a United defender going down holding his face after an ariel challenge with Milan looking to get him a red card and tempt the ref to "even things up".

Give the ref his due, he did try and let the game flow, which in many ways suited United, as when they got into their stride they caused us problems and made it hard for us to play our normal game. Although, it also benefitted us once we gained a foothold in the game later in the second half.

I don't think we were poor, because United's game did not give us the time and space to play how we like, but what it did enable us to show was the resilience we have as a team to get something out of games were we are on the back foot and put under pressure.

Wolves, Brentford Hull and now Sheff Utd are the games that will count as much at the end of the season as the spectacular victories where we dominated games.

I too was worried about Duric being targeted to even it up to 10 a side. As it was he stayed out of trouble but was much less effective after his yellow. Makes the win an even better achievement.

The idiot deserved to lose for his sub choices, WHY was he trying to chase the game that late on when down to 10 when we had all the possessions and were looking like scoring? We are above them in the table, its not like we are a shit team they are going to turn over just becuase they have 4 strikers on the pitch is it?

Lee beat him tactically, he made the same sub choices as we did, but he didn't have our team or our numerical advantage, what a mug, he show3ed us no respect and for that we got all 3 points

HAHAHAH, DEAL WITH IT! 

25 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

The idiot deserved to lose for his sub choices, WHY was he trying to chase the game that late on when down to 10 when we had all the possessions and were looking like scoring? We are above them in the table, its not like we are a shit team they are going to turn over just becuase they have 4 strikers on the pitch is it?

Lee beat him tactically, he made the same sub choices as we did, but he didn't have our team or our numerical advantage, what a mug, he show3ed us no respect and for that we got all 3 points

HAHAHAH, DEAL WITH IT! 

I thought his substitutions was strange too, he took off Duffy with half an hour to go and he was all over the pitch and running the game imo.

Archived