IGNORED

How are the roads in Bristol area gonna cope on Wednesday night?

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I’ll stroll out of work at 5:30 and go to the pub :ph34r:

8pm kick off is messing up my timings a bit but, taking the wife to work near Temple Meads, then picking her up at 4 30. Take her for a nice early evening meal somewhere convenient, then walk to the ground. She will then go to my daughters and come back and pick me up somewhere around the Cumberland Basin. Nice huh? Sounds simple doesn't it, but I had to write this down for her before she got it. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

8pm kick off is messing up my timings a bit but, taking the wife to work near Temple Meads, then picking her up at 4 30. Take her for a nice early evening meal somewhere convenient, then walk to the ground. She will then go to my daughters and come back and pick me up somewhere around the Cumberland Basin. Nice huh? Sounds simple doesn't it, but I had to write this down for her before she got it. :facepalm:

I got my mum to drop me off on Saturday as had left car in TF car park for our Xmas doo on Friday and even then traffic was mad at 1:30 and ended up walking from the Clannage 

You all don't know how lucky you are.

I shall be leaving home at 16:30 for a 2hr-ish drive up the M4 to a hotel near Heathrow ready for an early hours flight abroad. Of all the days for my Mrs to book a holiday it had to be this one.

Luckily, I have found a pub about 20mins walk from the hotel that has Sky Sports now I just have to hope they are showing the game. If they aren't, I may just walk up to Sky HQ in Isleworth and demand they let me watch it in the studio with the pundits.

23 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I got my mum to drop me off on Saturday as had left car in TF car park for our Xmas doo on Friday and even then traffic was mad at 1:30 and ended up walking from the Clannage 

The down side of living in P Head Tom. When the M5 was closed back at the end of September, it took us nearly 2 hours to get home from Miller and Carter in Cribbs.

42 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I have a bit of a predicament. I want to get to the ground at 4 but that seems too early but then 5 seems too late. Getting beers, going to the toilet etc is going to take a lot longer than usual so I want to give myself extra time for this.

How about 4.30? Just a suggestion.

My biggest worry is if some dozy berk has an accident on the M25 and it grinds to a halt. Leaving work at 2 (Essex) so in theory I should be in Bristol about 5, maybe 6 if it's busy. 

Got a lift lined up from Fishponds (Wifes cousin) if running later, or my parents (Hartcliffe) if on time. Going by the panic that people are having I don't be able to park anywhere convenient as people are parking tomorrow!!

Parking near the ground has become much more difficult in the last couple of seasons so I've pretty much given up driving to games. On the plus side this enables me to have a few beers. I'll be getting the bus, aiming to get to North St by about 5.30 for some pre-match pub time.

22 hours ago, spudski said:

It's not the amount of cars on the road that's the problem...it's the continual procession of public on foot, crossing roads, either on zebra crossings, like the four around St Mary Redcliffe roundabout ( which is absolutely mental ) and traffic lights for said public crossings.

If we still had public footpath bridges, and use of subways, we wouldn't have the traffic congestion we have.

A very simple solution that the Councils in Bristol and around the rest of the Country have screwed up.

Spot on, the four zebra crossings on the Redcliffe roundabout cause all sorts of problems, whoever decided to put them there is an idiot, it’s mayhem in the mornings....

• Admin
18 hours ago, Eastend said:

Can anyone confirm If extra trains are being put on after the game from Parson street? I’ve heard there are additional trains, but I havnt seen confirmation.

15 hours ago, winsaw said:

There are extra trains after the game

To Bristol Temple Meads got extra trains at 2239 and 2308

To Weston super mare normal trains at 2201 and 2315 plus an extra train at 2343

Also see they are laying on a rail replacenent bus to Weston at 2248 but as its all stations gets to Weston after the 2315 train so not much point, guess they had no extra train to work this service,

@Eastend / @winsaw All info is here 

3 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

If they aren't, I may just walk up to Sky HQ in Isleworth and demand they let me watch it in the studio with the pundits.

Studio at the ground on Wednesday. They’re building a special one where the media centre is on the corner of the Lansdown and Atyeo. 

15 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Will be leaving Kingswood at 16.30, just hoping it’s early enough.

You'll be fine. All the Sags will be in hiding until after the game when they plan to come out en masse and celebrate our defeat with an open top bus tour and will be plastering it all over Facebook delighting in how deluded we were thinking that we actually had a chance to beat Manchester United. You see.......

19 hours ago, OutstandingMixer said:

I really doubt there were 2-3k missing season ticket holders yesterday. More likely to be in the hundreds than the thousands, I suspect. 

I'm with RRH on this one

We commented on how many empty seats there were before the crowd was announced, everyone around us said the same thing when we heard the attendance was 20k no way more like 17.

15 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You’re too late to get anything at a reasonable price now. I’ve paid £5 but booked it the same day the draw was made!

Mine was £8 last week up near parson street, as I am driving the four others in the car will be paying for it.

My problem coming from Tetbury is getting through the grid lock to park the car.

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

I’ve booked the whole of Wednesday off but am in work at 06:00 on Thursday, have I made a mistake?

Done the same my friend, I'm sure being in work hungover with like minded fans reminiscing about the night before and our great victory won't be such a bad thing.

Archived