IGNORED

Lita

Top Corner

Maybe not worth throwing in tonight against Premier League opposition, but the time seems to be creeping nearer when it is worth giving Lita a run of games in the side to see what he can do.

Other than Peacock, our forwards haven't exactly set the 2nd division alight this season, so is there much to lose? I suppose one possible downside would be the potential long term damage to the confidence of an upcoming youngster if he struggled to have an impact in a side which is not exactly creating an abundance of chances at present.

To me anyway when he burst on the scene last season, he seemed to have that little extra quality which seemed to set him apart from the rest. Doesn't seem to be short on confidence and seems to have the necessary hunger, drive and ambition to succeed, and clearly has an eye for goal.

DW doesn't think he is ready for a start yet, but personally given the lack of goals of late I think it's worth giving him a starting berth. Whether he will add the goals or spark to the side to finally kick start our season I don't know, but I wouldn't mind at least finding out!

Maybe not worth throwing in tonight against Premier League opposition, but the time seems to be creeping nearer when it is worth giving Lita a run of games in the side to see what he can do.

I disagree, I think this would be an ideal game for him to start, they wont know nothing about and hes wants to prove a point.

Wilson pubically stated not so long ago that Lita was not ready for a full 90 mins in the first team.

But..as you say the current crop of strikers haven`t set the league alight and maybe its worth giving the guy a chance.He did come for 30 mins on Saturday which is more game time than he's had before.

That said, even Alan Shearer won`t score many without service. :sport19:

Archived