IGNORED

Do we go big Jan?

Londoner

Realistic chance on promotion.....a squad that is bare with no short term fix....

Do we spend a few million on the exciting youth like we've been told In the past? Or do we do that plus a couple of big money signings?? Hugill? Bannan? European?

What do we Do? Fact is we got a great chance but need reinforcements....sp let' go for it.

Do we need reinforcements in signings or do we need to add depth with loans?

Have a look at the best players in the league for teams who aren’t going to make play offs or unlikely to make play offs, Norwich, Sheff Wed etc. to make sure if we don’t go up we have a squad ready to compete next season. However, I feel strengthening with some loans from the prem, returning from injury, not getting minutes just to add some depth hen injuries and games come thick and fast. If we do both I’ll see it as a very good window 

I think we may see 1 big money signing and a couple of loans, perhaps some 'ones for the future' on permanent deals if the club feel the deal is right.

What they won't have to do is go all or nothing on promotion and spend £20m on a few players, which could derail the good progress made towards financial sustainability over the last couple of years if promotion doesn't work out.

The club will, however, realise that we have a fantastic opportunity to go up this year which is why I think we'll see one quality addition and some promising loans from the Prem. It's already been mentioned above but we have a fair few players returning in January / February time which will help bulk out the squad again.

22 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Realistic chance on promotion.....a squad that is bare with no short term fix....

Do we spend a few million on the exciting youth like we've been told In the past? Or do we do that plus a couple of big money signings?? Hugill? Bannan? European?

What do we Do? Fact is we got a great chance but need reinforcements....sp let' go for it.

Who is European and is he any good?  I've heard he splits opinion.

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Don’t we have a lot of our players back by February?

In a perfect world we would buy another midfielder and a quick striker.  

I think we will sign one player and I don’t mind that with the amount of players financed in the last two years.

Agreed.  I don't see the squad as "bare".  Actually, we have half-decent depth and despite our extensive injury list we've proven ourselves still capable of fielding a team good enough to win Championship matches. Imagine what our team would have looked like with this many injuries at the start of 15/16!

I'd like to see a couple of strong additions but for me their character and personality is almost as important as their outright ability - we simply cannot risk upsetting the team spirit evident amongst this squad of players.

As someone mentioned above, I'd love to see a pacey striker come in. To make room, I wouldn't mind seeing Woodrow sent back as, in my opinion, he seems to add little value. It appears that Walsh will be signing so aside from these, I don't think we need any more. The squad harmony seems perfect this season and signing a significant number of players puts this at risk.

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agreed.  I don't see the squad as "bare".  Actually, we have half-decent depth and despite our extensive injury list we've proven ourselves still capable of fielding a team good enough to win Championship matches. Imagine what our team would have looked like with this many injuries at the start of 15/16!

I'd like to see a couple of strong additions but for me their character and personality is almost as important as their outright ability - we simply cannot risk upsetting the team spirit evident amongst this squad of players.

Couldnt agree more CR. 

I'd have posted the same points if you hadn't beaten me to it...

I expect LJ will bring in some loans to bolster the squad and I'd be surprised if we saw any permanent signing in the winter window. LJ is a thorough thinking manager and I'm sure he'd like to see a player in a City shirt on loan before offering a contract - or not.

No.

We should look to pick up a couple of second string premiership players on loan, the type that we might be interested in should we go up. Gives them a showcase, let's them see if they like it here and we can suss whether they fit in.

If we do go up we should look to build a la Burnley, flit up and down a couple of times getting stronger each time rather than splash big on names who'll be out the door with our dosh as soon as they realise we're in a struggle.

41 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Think we should throw the kitchen sink at it...these opportunities come around once in a Blue Moon. Need a striker midfielder and another CB, and dare I say a quality keeper...just in case.  

Another CB? Assuming Flinty doesn't leave, we've got 4 good 'uns now in Flint, Baker, Wright and Hörður. Another RB maybe but surely not another CB?

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Another CB? Assuming Flinty doesn't leave, we've got 4 good 'uns now in Flint, Baker, Wright and Hörður.

and Hegeler when he returns. Moore's loan also ends in January and could be available if need be......I think we're covered for CBs

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Do you still think we should get rid of the disgraceful liability, Aden Flint..?! 

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Think we should throw the kitchen sink at it...these opportunities come around once in a Blue Moon. Need a striker midfielder and another CB, and dare I say a quality keeper...just in case.  

I would prefer we signed some quality youngsters that are looking to get into the prem. If we dont get in then we have a sustainable team able to challenge at this level for a long time and it doesn't become a once in a blue moon event.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Probably a 4-4-2 with Wilbs playing everywhere

Feel we need two players, a solid dependable play maker in CM - someone who can change the pace of the game a little, and be a reliable outlet. A Right back, as we look very bare in that position.

With Engvall, Duric, Taylor, Reid, Famara, we have plenty of forward options (especially as we seem to play one up front a lot of the time with a free midfeild player just behind them).

32 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Feel we need two players, a solid dependable play maker in CM - someone who can change the pace of the game a little, and be a reliable outlet. A Right back, as we look very bare in that position.

With Engvall, Duric, Taylor, Reid, Famara, we have plenty of forward options (especially as we seem to play one up front a lot of the time with a free midfeild player just behind them).

We still need a quality striker....not one of those I think of as a striker that would be first on the team sheet.

3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel Taylor is not a championship player and offers us nothing ? Don’t get me wrong I want every city player to succeed but is he really a better option than say McKoulsky ? 

He had more of an impact within 60 seconds of coming off the bench than anyone else in the second half on Sat. 

Archived