IGNORED

Johnson would prefer to beat QPR than Manchester

Never to the dark side

Tomorrow's game is a bit of a laugh against the pampered elite. We're going out there to stick it up'em, and we have a team that could bruise them, perhaps worse. The bookies not give us a chance, but it's the cup and as the American owners of Manchester would say "we'll leave it all on the field" 

If we thought this game was a distraction, it's as nothing as to the fuss that will be generated if we beat them. A two legged semi final would be a distraction, and the immediate attention of every club on our players could wreck the squad in January. In the league, rather than just a game against Bristol City, teams would up their game just because it's us, making our second half of the season even more difficult. All this for a cup who's value to the average football fan is about as important as the Zenith Data Systems trophy. 

All this being said, and on balance I do hope we go out there tomorrow Stick it up their big overpaid arses. Play our beautiful football, nutmeg Pogba and leave him sitting in the mud. Play the ball around and leave the worldwide TV audience thinking it's Man U playing in red. Every football fan of every other club will be hoping we can do a job on them. 

Its weird, Never been so excited about a game I don't give a crap about.

It has to be said. I'm enjoying my football this season. Well done lads. 

If the QPR game had occured any other week of the year, it would have been put back until Sunday to allow an extra 24 hours rest. With Sunday being xmas eve however, that's impossible so we've somehow got to get going again less than 72 hours later. Really fear the worst for this one. If we can go to QPR and win, it will be our most impressive result of the season imho.

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

If the QPR game had occured any other week of the year, it would have been put back until Sunday to allow an extra 24 hours rest. With Sunday being xmas eve however, that's impossible so we've somehow got to get going again less than 72 hours later. Really fear the worst for this one. If we can go to QPR and win, it will be our most impressive result of the season imho.

Why would the game be moved back 24 hours? 

QPR wouldn’t ever be willing to do us any favours, certainly not when they’ve got Banjo Islands village idiot in charge of them. 

To LJ and to most fans, me included the Championship is the be all and end all and so it should be. He's quite right to say as much.

Tomorrows match is a financial windfall but essentially it's a side show to the main event.

If we go out of the league cup tomorrow then so what? The QPR match is far more important coming up on Saturday.

56 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Yes teams never play weds and saturday these days.....

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To LJ and to most fans, me included the Championship is the be all and end all and so it should be. He's quite right to say as much.

Tomorrows match is a financial windfall but essentially it's a side show to the main event.

If we go out of the league cup tomorrow then so what? The QPR match is far more important coming up on Saturday.

You try telling that to the players! We are going to be fielding our strongest possible side pretty much as we have no choice. 

So what your saying is in what is our highest profile game in many years, possibly ever, you don't want the players to put much effort in?

You are one miserable sod! 

To counteract you I want our players to give it there absolutely all 2moro. I want to be able to talk about 2moro game in the same way we do about the Liverpool game.

Games like this do not come along that often for this club, you could argue if we go up then we would play these games all the time, but as I've said many times, if you asked the players to go easy,  or put our reserves out that will cause a lot of problems. We just need to let them go out there and play and give everything we have got to pull off a giant killing.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You try telling that to the players! We are going to be fielding our strongest possible side pretty much as we have no choice. 

So what your saying is in what is our highest profile game in many years, possibly ever, you don't want the players to put much effort in?

To counteract you I want our players to give it there absolutely all 2moro. I want to be able to talk about 2moro game in the same way we do about the Liverpool game.

I’d rather be talking about games against Man United & Liverpool in the league rather than one off cup ties. 

Don’t get me wrong I want us to win tomorrow but I’d rather be celebrating a long overdue win at Loftus Road at 4:55pm on Saturday.

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

I’d rather be talking about games against Man United & Liverpool in the league rather than one off cup ties. 

Don’t get me wrong I want us to win tomorrow but I’d rather be celebrating a long overdue win at Loftus Road at 5:55pm on Saturday.

But your talking about ifs and buts.

This game is happening if anyone likes it or not, personally I'm delighted it is happening, along with the majority of our fan base! I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve today! 

I actually believe if we do well 2moro that will give us a few extra % against QPR as the players will be buzzing and even fuller of confidence. 

6 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Don’t get me wrong I want us to win tomorrow but I’d rather be celebrating a long overdue win at Loftus Road at 5:55pm on Saturday.

It's likely we will finish in the top 6. We have given ourselves a nice little cushion. I'm not saying the top 2 is out if reach but Cardiff do keep maintaining the gap.

The play offs are then a 1 in 4 chance of being promoted and it's a complete lottery. All we have done this season could end up with us not achieving anything.

So if beating Man Utd and performing in a semi final is the best it gets this season then at least we will have had some success this season if all else fails.

As I've said a million times, I'm a Bristol City fan and I want to see us win in every single game we play. I want to see our players put in their absolute all in every game. 

The most important game of the season is always your next game and 2moro that happens to be against Man Utd.

Our next important game is against QPR. In football you simply can't pick what games you win. The moment you do that in then becomes dangerous. You have to aim to win every game and put in a top performance every game. Set standards etc.

I agree that after our lot giving 110 per cent Wednesday night, QPR will certainly have a advantage fitness wise.

But saying that although no games is easy and Loftus Rod is a ground where we dont seem to get much.. QPR are a bang average side with a bang average manager.

We certainly are superior to them and have more quality.. I think despite tomorrow we'll still be in a good place to  get at least a point Saturday if not all three.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It's likely we will finish in the top 6. We have given ourselves a nice little cushion. I'm not saying the top 2 is out if reach but Cardiff do keep maintaining the gap.

The play offs are then a 1 in 4 chance of being promoted and it's a complete lottery. All we have done this season could end up with us not achieving anything.

So if beating Man Utd and performing in a semi final is the best it gets this season then at least we will have had some success this season if all else fails.

As I've said a million times, I'm a Bristol City fan and I want to see us win in every single game we play. I want to see our players put in their absolute all in every game. 

The most important game of the season is always your next game and 2moro that happens to be against Man Utd.

Our next important game is against QPR. In football you simply can't pick what games you win. The moment you do that in then becomes dangerous. You have to aim to win every game and put in a top performance every game. Set standards etc.

The play offs are a lottery which is why we have to continue to put the pressure on Cardiff. If we strengthen next month, which I fully expect us too, who knows. 

I’m not saying I don’t want us to win tomorrow, of course I do. I just hope we still have enough in the tank to get a victory on Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Games like this do not come along that often for this club, you could argue if we go up then we would play these games all the time, but as I've said many times, if you asked the players to go easy,  or put our reserves out that will cause a lot of problems. We just need to let them go out there and play and give everything we have got to pull off a giant killing.

Jeez................:facepalm:

Talk about missing the point

Of course it's a big game and an exciting fixture, of course the players will relish the opportunity to play against an elite team and I expect LJ will tell them that there's no pressure on us and to simply go out and enjoy themselves. No need to motivate them for this game.

City have beaten three PL outfits to get this far so even if we lose the cup run has been a tremendous one. Few Championship clubs take three PL scalps in either cup competition so City have done brilliantly and I for one are proud of them.

All that said, to me and I'm sure many City fans the QPR game is far more important. A good result at Loftus Rd will strengthen our league position and help continue our positive league form.

If we lose tomorrow then it's no big deal but if we lose on Saturday I for one will be gutted.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Jeez................:facepalm:

Talk about missing the point

Of course it's a big game and an exciting fixture, of course the players will relish the opportunity to play against an elite team and I expect LJ will tell them that there's no pressure on us and to simply go out and enjoy themselves. No need to motivate them for this game.

City have beaten three PL outfits to get this far so even if we lose the cup run has been a tremendous one. Few Championship clubs take three PL scalps in either cup competition so City have done brilliantly and I for one are proud of them.

All that said, to me and I'm sure many City fans the QPR game is far more important. A good result at Loftus Rd will strengthen our league position and help continue our positive league form.

If we lose tomorrow then it's no big deal but if we lose on Saturday I for one will be gutted.

I'll be gutted if we lose either or both of them because I hate us losing any game.

Beating United could give us just that little bit extra for the rest of the season.

I may be in the minority here but if given the choice I'd choose a victory against United. We have 20 odd games after QPR so can make it up, who knows when we will next get the chance to take on a team like United at Ashton Gate? it's been over 20 years since our win at Anfield, a whole generation have not seen us play a top 4 side let alone beat one! 

I'm just hoping for a good performance and spectacle and if we do the unthinkable so such the better.

Other than the money we are now in the shop window and we should look at this as a massive opportunity: There'll be kids of Man U supporting fathers either there or watching on Sky that just might fancy a trip to the Gate for a real experience. There might be players we're after that will take us a lot more seriously than a year ago. Zach Clough's dad laughed at the idea of him joining us. He wouldn't now.

Time for us to step up and show everybody what we're about. Looking forward to it....

Archived