IGNORED

Jose

Northern Red

10 hours ago, Nibor said:

He's quickly descending to Warnock levels of integrity and class, transparent lies and getting away with it.

Their equaliser was never a free kick.  Pogba could have had a red.  We were denied a nailed on pen and Mike Deane gave them a free kick almost every time they lost possession under pressure.

We ignored it and got in with winning the game, and our keeper wasn't the one timewasting on 91 minutes.

That's not luck is it?

I didn't think it was a free kick at the time - but after seeing it on TV I think it probably was...but otherwise completely spot on and who the **** cares now whether it was a free kick or not!!! Just added to the excitement. As for Jose, yes he's pretty charmless, but I think what he said about us last night is probably the most complimentary any opposing team is going to get! He did actually say, albeit qualified in various ways, that we deserved to win. Bet there aren't many times he's been anywhere near saying that after a defeat!

25 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I didn't think it was a free kick at the time - but after seeing it on TV I think it probably was...but otherwise completely spot on and who the **** cares now whether it was a free kick or not!!! Just added to the excitement. As for Jose, yes he's pretty charmless, but I think what he said about us last night is probably the most complimentary any opposing team is going to get! He did actually say, albeit qualified in various ways, that we deserved to win. Bet there aren't many times he's been anywhere near saying that after a defeat!

Probably true - I don't know what he's trying to achieve though.  In this sort of situation the only way to "score points" is to be very magnanimous and heap praise on the team that just beat you.  You can't get a siege mentality benefit out of it because you're Goliath, nobody will believe the world is against you.  I think in the last five years or so his ego has taken over completely and clouded his judgement to the extent that where he used to be good at playing the press he just doesn't understand how he is perceived any more.

Not seen this elsewhere, but does in fairness paint a more positive view of him.

Relevant part in English from Mags: "This [the atmosphere] is something I've never witnessed before. After the game, Mourinho came to our dressing room and congratulated us and wished us good luck in the tournament. I think the things he said in the interviews after the game were more a reflection of him in his role as a manager, not as a person."

The orginal, if your Icelandic is up to it...

http://fotbolti.net/news/21-12-2017/Hörður-bjorgvin-mourinho-kom-inn-i-klefa-og-hrosadi-okkur

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

the interviews after the game were more a reflection of him in his role as a manager, not as a person."

Was going to post the exact same thing.  But didnt because I dont really care.  But did, because of the way he was in the tunnel with the mascots.

I for one am glad this circus is over.  I am going to bet Man City will feel more like another game of football.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In fairness Lee said he was very humble , very genuine , personable and interested in us

Also said he came in City dressing room and shook hands and congratulated each of our players

Could be considered patronising by some.  Does he do that after every loss?

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

I don't see it like that at all. We are not equals with Man Utd. We are just little Bristol City whilst they are a gigantic world wide club. We put in a super performance and I think Jose just wanted to show our players his admiration for that result.

25 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Patronising , my arse

Hate that accusation - showing humility and respect as far as I’m concerned

If he sulked and skulked off he’d be cast as a sore loser

If you listen to what Lee said it indicates,  unsurprisingly , there is a media Jose and a private one 

3 hours ago, cityexile said:

Not seen this elsewhere, but does in fairness paint a more positive view of him.

Relevant part in English from Mags: "This [the atmosphere] is something I've never witnessed before. After the game, Mourinho came to our dressing room and congratulated us and wished us good luck in the tournament. I think the things he said in the interviews after the game were more a reflection of him in his role as a manager, not as a person."

The orginal, if your Icelandic is up to it...

http://fotbolti.net/news/21-12-2017/Hörður-bjorgvin-mourinho-kom-inn-i-klefa-og-hrosadi-okkur

Mourinho is smart. The side he shows to the public and media is absolutely different to the side he shows people close to him. I'd imagine he acted very gracious in defeat in person, but won't show that side so much to the media. Everything he says is calculated. Of course, he also likes just getting on peoples' tits.

55 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you listen to what Lee said it indicates,  unsurprisingly , there is a media Jose and a private one ...

Just like Neil Warnock who someone brought into this discussion above....their media personas are well rehearsed and take the heat away from their players....can’t believe some still can’t get their heads around this...and fall for it every time....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just like Neil Warnock who someone brought into this discussion above....their media personas are well rehearsed and take the heat away from their players....can’t believe some still can’t get their heads around this...and fall for it every time....

This might just be me, but I don't think saying

"The players turned up like it was just another day at the office, and some of them didn't even want to be in the office"

is a particularly good way at taking heat away from the players.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

This might just be me, but I don't think saying

"The players turned up like it was just another day at the office, and some of them didn't even want to be in the office"

is a particularly good way at taking heat away from the players.

It was a decent performance from them and they almost did enough to win. If you lose a game you have to give your players some words. But also Jose would have been aware to not be too harsh on them because it was a decent performance from them. 

They still have a chance in two cup competitions and an outside outside chance of the prem of City do slip up so being too harsh wouldn't have been the right thing to do.

I think he handled it pretty spot on. I've just watched the full interview and it comes across a lot better than the "they were a bit lucky" headlines.

Man Utd are 2nd in the prem, ahead of the reigning champions etc etc, for any club to beat them there has to be some luck involved because they are Manchester United. But I don't necessarily think luck is the right word, I think fate is more the word. 

All day I just had that feeling something special was about to happen, the optimism on here was growing throughout the day and then there was a real belief at the ground before the game.

Things like their plane being diverted that would have affected them and given us that little bit extra. That was a huge slice of luck imo.

But at the same time the luck evened itself out. Pogba should have been sent off and they got a really lucky free kick. 

17 hours ago, Distortia said:

Mourinho is smart. The side he shows to the public and media is absolutely different to the side he shows people close to him. I'd imagine he acted very gracious in defeat in person, but won't show that side so much to the media. Everything he says is calculated. Of course, he also likes just getting on peoples' tits.

Very good point. What way to take the pressure off the players after a defeat is to get the media talking about him and not the team. Cunning. 

On 12/21/2017 at 00:16, Chivs said:

If Korey doesn't come into training tomorrow wearing a t-shirt saying "Lucky man", he's missed a trick...

Don't go antagonising Sheffield Utd fans any more!

Bill Shankly used to say " show me a good loser, and I will show you a loser".

Mourinho is not a good loser because he is a winner, so would never have expected him to be gracious in defeat,because he never has been in the past, and is unlikely ever to be so in the future.

Archived