IGNORED

Waves of emotion...

spudski

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Beat me to it.  One of the finest sports writers.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Henry Winter has always been one of the best around.

No patronising or disparaging remarks. No excuses for Manchester's loss. Just praise where it is due and an honest assessment of the match.  Always liked his writing.

• Admin
1 minute ago, cityboy99 said:

The best moment for me was seeing the emotion in my sons eyes after we won. Getting your kids to chose there local team over these so say big teams is hard in this day and age. He was absolutely flabbergast tears in his eyes and speechless.

Absolutely this.  My son was in pieces after the final whistle.  He still can’t quite believe it this morning.  What a night!

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Absolutely this.  My son was in pieces after the final whistle.  He still can’t quite believe it this morning.  What a night!

Myself and my youngest son are both long standing ST holders.

My oldest son, whilst having a soft spot for City having being born here and with AG being the first stadium he saw a game at, supports another team,thanks to Sky!  His City supporting brother has often called him a glory hunter, plastic etc.

Coincidently his team were playing in Bristol last night.................

#payback

Nearly three hour drive back, arrived a bit after 1 and then watched the C5 highlights with a beer.  Even better this morning.  Now still in my dressing gown with a nice glass of red, catching up on all the reactions.  Not just the fact that we beat MU, but the way we played, the quality of goals, that we won in Fergie time, that the players looked completely knackered (so might have got slaughtered in extra time), and it saved me from an even later drive back.

Only two downers for me:

• lots of media references to the red "half" of Bristol.  So far behind the times ....
  • we've put life back into the competition and this probably benefits the sponsors

The Guardian's listing their 100 best footballers in the world - they've revealed 20-100 so far.  Five of them were on the pitch last night

It is what following any team is about. Yes of course, if you are Man Utd the bar is set that much higher as to what one of your 'special' moments will be, but it is why we all follow the game.

I am sure I was not the only one, but as the ball was played through to Smith last night, it all just went in to slo mo. What, o my god, it's a chance, it's a real chance, flashing through my mind, surely not, is this going to be one of those moments, let it be our turn for five minutes of fame, god, he has got it under control, Leeds, Highbury, Coventry, 4th Division, Bolton, Anfield, my god get it on target, keep it down, Huddersfield, Crystal Palace, Hull...

In a different time scale all I had time for was 'go on....yyyyyyy eeeeeee ssssss!', but it was all there.

28 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It is what following any team is about. Yes of course, if you are Man Utd the bar is set that much higher as to what one of your 'special' moments will be, but it is why we all follow the game.

I am sure I was not the only one, but as the ball was played through to Smith last night, it all just went in to slo mo. What, o my god, it's a chance, it's a real chance, flashing through my mind, surely not, is this going to be one of those moments, let it be our turn for five minutes of fame, god, he has got it under control, Leeds, Highbury, Coventry, 4th Division, Bolton, Anfield, my god get it on target, keep it down, Huddersfield, Crystal Palace, Hull...

In a different time scale all I had time for was 'go on....yyyyyyy eeeeeee ssssss!', but it was all there.

My experience of Smith's goal was pretty much exactly the same. That pause like a moment frozen in time before he put the ball through the keeper's legs.

Last night was full of emotion....and the pride for the team's fantastic result was even stronger today, watching videos and comments about City on Italian channels (Sky Sport, Fox Sports, Italia1). :yes:

Here are the highlights showed by Fox Sports Italia: https://www.foxsports.it/2017/12/20/league-cup-quarti-finale-bristol-city-manchester-united-video-ibrahimovic/  Enjoy!

Archived