IGNORED

Top Championship Players

Londoner

I have a question which is similar but slightly different to one I posted earlier in the week.

We obviously have a packed fixture list, now with 2 games against Man City thrown in.....surely with this game coming up and being third in the league we are now a MASSIVE draw to top championship players in underachieving sides. Even if they are cup tied.

The likes of Bannan spring to mind.

Surely this is our best chance to get these too players....but will SL push the boat out? Transfer fee no doubt but as always wages is the stumbling block.

We cant let this cup run hinder our league form, so let's get some proven quality in as well as some of these kids....and let's go for it.

Finally, we're in a position (literally) to attract better than average players. 

There's no doubt money will be available. I think a loan from a top Prem side possible, and maybe a few million on a good striker. But, hard to get them in January. And there aren't that many around anyway. To be honest, seeing as we're getting goals from all over the pitch, we only need someone who can get us 10-15 a season. We still have Djuric and Fam to return too. And what Taylor lacks in finishing, he makes up for in assisting. 

A centre-mid and striker will be the two signings we'll be looking to make. 

But, we won't pay stupid money or stupid wages. And since the club seem to know what they're doing, I'm happy to bow to their expertise. 

The only risk is upsetting the team spirit and momentum created by this group of players.

I would only sign one striker, as we can't rely upon Bobby all season, and Fammy might take time to get back to speed.

I would certainly be prepared to pay quite a bit for the striker, and pay more wages.  Surely the other players would understand if it meant boosting our promotion prospects.

Archived