IGNORED

The Debate show - taking things too far

Meh

Was it with a watch? Have recorded it and will be up with the kids any second! They'll be delighted to dot down to this first thing!

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

I like a laugh at Rovers expense but the second topic is really taking it too far :-

43DBB955-A476-4430-AD6B-31803C777B45.png

29 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Was it with a watch? Have recorded it and will be up with the kids any second! They'll be delighted to dot down to this first thing!

Yeah certainly - Merson is a bit of a cock in my view but what is new there.

Rosenior talks well as does, of course, our very own peaky blinder

43 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Going to have to explain that ?

He was talking about the fear of failure and how that stops clubs taking the long view. All they want to do is survive. They know they can’t compete at the top half of the league. They buy proven (albeit lower standard) premier league players in the hope they will stay up.

i thought LJ came across really well, as did Rosenior - he’s a bright lad with a future in coaching. Paul Merson can’t say two words together coherently. Kept referring to Arsenal. Odd. Was he high?

18 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

He was talking about the fear of failure and how that stops clubs taking the long view. All they want to do is survive. They know they can’t compete at the top half of the league. They buy proven (albeit lower standard) premier league players in the hope they will stay up.

i thought LJ came across really well, as did Rosenior - he’s a bright lad with a future in coaching. Paul Merson can’t say two words together coherently. Kept referring to Arsenal. Odd. Was he high?

It’s absoltely bizarre that Merson still has a career in serious punditry, he’s absolutely awful and as you say can barely string a sentence together. 

26 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s absoltely bizarre that Merson still has a career in serious punditry, he’s absolutely awful and as you say can barely string a sentence together. 

I think they just put him on for comedy value and as someone for the rest of them to take the piss out of. It certainly seems that way on Soccer Saturday most of the time.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I honestly believe it's more of a case of keeping Merson on the track due to his personal issues he has faced.

Watched this earlier and also found the Mind The Gap title to be pretty funny.  He was a good player, but Merson is well out of his depth as a serious pundit and in hindsight it's baffling how he was ever given a job to manage a league club.

As nearly always, LJ sounded great and Liam Rosenior also seems pretty bright and knowledgeable.

Archived