IGNORED

The Official QPR v Bristol City Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

Yeah lets not underestimate anyone, as soon as you start doing that you'll get turned over. QPR are a good side and play some very good stuff (sometimes). Will go a long way to proving we're the real deal if we can win today.

Just now, samo II said:

Would take a draw today - might sound a bit low key, but we are stretched paper-thin just now, and with another game in just a few days, staying unbeaten and maintaining momentum is key until players are back to fitness/we can get in reinforcements.

Draw today as long as it's a win on boxing day absolutely true.

Funny how we play the Reading clones today, and the QPR clones on the 26th  :laugh:

1 hour ago, Neo said:

A match day thread when the opening post is about football and not a history/geography/tedious  lesson - praise the lord - miracles do happen at Xmas.

We will win 0-2 - Reid and Taylor

I just gave you the confused emoticon. Just one more for a full house!

2 hours ago, Neo said:

A match day thread when the opening post is about football and not a history/geography/tedious  lesson - praise the lord - miracles do happen at Xmas.

We will win 0-2 - Reid and Taylor

I always say to comments like this "If you think you can do better" !

38 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah lets not underestimate anyone, as soon as you start doing that you'll get turned over. QPR are a good side and play some very good stuff (sometimes). Will go a long way to proving we're the real deal if we can win today.

People have been saying this for the last couple of months, when will we be 'the real deal'? Why not right now, 5 wins in a row, 1 of which being against the biggest club in the world. 

Every game is a tough game. No matter how talented our squad is, how great the team spirit is, how much effort they all put in - this is the Championship, every game is tough, every game is a potential win, but also loss and draw, not least when we've got a very light squad that gave 125% on Wednesday. And do not underestimate QPR's motivation to get out of that bottom end of the table. We can win today, we have the quality, and that should be the aim - but it won't be easy.

3 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

Fielding 

wright  flint  baker  mags

eliasson pack smith Bryan 

Patterson or Reid

Taylor 

browhill looked dead dead come the end

Would try get a pair of fresh legs up top 

all depending how the players have have recovered from Wednesday 

Granted Brownhill looked very tired, but so did Pato. If we go with same side again (bar Frankie back in goal) then just hope LJ has not been tempted to pick anyone not 100% fit and raring to go. If we have one or two leg weary players picked we will get found out.

Just now, old_eastender said:

Granted Brownhill looked very tired, but so did Pato. If we go with same side again (bar Frankie back in goal) then just hope LJ has not been tempted to pick anyone not 100% fit and raring to go. If we have one or two leg weary players picked we will get found out.

I’m  with you, sure this will be a harder team to pick for Johnson then Wednesday no doubt players will still be feeling Wednesday performance, considering the way we play. 

36 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

People have been saying this for the last couple of months, when will we be 'the real deal'? Why not right now, 5 wins in a row, 1 of which being against the biggest club in the world. 

It will be the greatest test of our focus this season imo. If we can beat this lot then it'll prove to me that we're professional enough to be consider contenders.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Pack also was running on fumes by the end of Wednesday's game. Could see some rotation there.

Problem being we don’t have any more CM’s. I do agree with you though, with our style it’s better to have energy over quality. Especially away from home, this will be the type of game where we rely on our strikers finishing as our midfield will do extremely well to get in behind 

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Problem being we don’t have any more CM’s. I do agree with you though, with our style it’s better to have energy over quality. Especially away from home, this will be the type of game where we rely on our strikers finishing as our midfield will do extremely well to get in behind 

Not saying I expect or want him to start, but I wonder how long it will be til Bakinson is knocking on LJ's door. We obviously rate him, be interesting to see if he gets more game time over the rest of the season, what with the density of upcoming matches.

Archived