IGNORED

maggs free kick

leadman

1 hour ago, leadman said:

not seen it mentioned, what a fantastic save from a very good free kick from maggs.

thought he helped change the game today, not just his long throws but decent defending and some decent long balls up too flint.

He is looking far more settled and confident isn't he? Good thing too, because we need every hand to the pump right now.

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He is looking far more settled and confident isn't he? Good thing too, because we need every hand to the pump right now.

I find his situation a bit strange. In his first season he was a regular until January when Wright arrived and then he fell out of favour. When he did subsequently get a game his form was a bit patchy. Now he’s getting better with every game. Perhaps, as you say, it’s all about confidence 

It does take time and a few games to get up to speed, especially when you are playing out of position but you can see his confidence growing.

I like long throw ins, but his are extra long. He can take free kicks too.

I think he is still better at CB than LB.  Seems a bit slow on the turn at LB and needs to learn to show his winger which way he wants him to go rather than the other way round.

I still rate his potential though as he is still very young.  Time and experience will make him a great acquisition.

3 hours ago, leadman said:

not seen it mentioned, what a fantastic save from a very good free kick from maggs.

thought he helped change the game today, not just his long throws but decent defending and some decent long balls up too flint.

Thought their keeper(Smithies)looked absolute class....would be an up-grade on Joe Hart!

The bloke seems a confidence player, and for me is a player who starts slowly sussing out his opponent and adapts his own game dependant on the opponent. I think he is very good it takes a good player to do that.

On another point entirely I am not entirely sure mags or eliasson are fitting in with the rest of the squad. I could be completely barking up the wrong tree.. But look at the behind the scenes footage we see these two seem to be on the periphery of everything, hanging back and timid. I guess they could both be naturally shy rather than not fitting in, and of course it will take a whole for eliasson to feel part of the family.

Onwards and upwards.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As daft as it sounds 

I think the chant helps him - has helped his confidence and feeling a part of it

:thumbsup:

So

Altogether ..........

'Heres to you Hörður Magnússon..........'

It did seem a bit of a crowd favourite when he came on yesterday. What are the rest of the lines as I've never heard them properly so not quite sure....

'City love you more than you can know' it sounds like. Not sure though.

28 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

It did seem a bit of a crowd favourite when he came on yesterday. What are the rest of the lines as I've never heard them properly so not quite sure....

'City love you more than you can know' it sounds like. Not sure though.

You can't beat a bit of Simon and Garfunkel! (Ask yer Dad)

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As daft as it sounds 

I think the chant helps him - has helped his confidence and feeling a part of it

:thumbsup:

So

Altogether ..........

'Heres to you Hörður Magnússon..........'

Exactly this. The supporters are part of the 'man management'.It may make no difference to ability but sure changes confidence and desire.

1 hour ago, TRL said:

The bloke seems a confidence player, and for me is a player who starts slowly sussing out his opponent and adapts his own game dependant on the opponent. I think he is very good it takes a good player to do that.

On another point entirely I am not entirely sure mags or eliasson are fitting in with the rest of the squad. I could be completely barking up the wrong tree.. But look at the behind the scenes footage we see these two seem to be on the periphery of everything, hanging back and timid. I guess they could both be naturally shy rather than not fitting in, and of course it will take a whole for eliasson to feel part of the family.

Onwards and upwards.

I thought this as well but then you look at the players at the core its Bryan, Reid, Flint, Pack, Smith, Fielding - All players that have shared lots of ups and downs in terms of shared experiances together.

The other players wont have all the shared experiancs of these players but will build it over time.

2 hours ago, TRL said:

Onwards and upwards.

Nordic reserve? We need our resident Swedish dipsomaniac to pump them up a bit.

Archived