IGNORED

Luke Freeman

hoxton casual

2 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

He looked absolutely class yesterday and caused us reall problems. Loved him for City and still think he is an exciting footballer. I still regret he went. Never understood why?

He wasn't good enough to be frank, and was running out of contract. Potential was there and I think most saw he could become classy at this level, but it was a case of give him a new big contract on a gamble or get your money back. 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Thought he was ok, no more no less, looks as though he has put a bit of timber on to me, bit of a fat arse.

Personally I wouldn't want him back, another in a long list who moved because he thought the grass was greener and I expect he might be a little envious at this moment in time.

Interesting. I thought he looked slimmer and faster and was the best midfielder on show on the day.

22 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Interesting. I thought he looked slimmer and faster and was the best midfielder on show on the day.

Well we beg to differ, he was almost anonymous in the 2nd half and was rightly subbed, IMO the best midfielder on the field yesterday was Pack and he only played for 30 minutes but changed the game completely.

I also thought overall that Brownhill played better than Freeman, Brownhill is always involved Freeman drifts in and out.

I would not have him back under any circumstances because we have moved on and he would not be an improvement to our squad.

Edit:- I cannot think of one QPR player that I would be interested in, who would improve our squad.

29 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

He looked absolutely class yesterday and caused us reall problems. Loved him for City and still think he is an exciting footballer. I still regret he went. Never understood why?

Because he was offered a new contract and refused to sign it..!

He would not fit into our current side. Feel he flattered to deceive in Championship for us, his goals per game ratio for someone in his position was generally poor for us. Although, he was part of the League 1 winning side and I wish him well, glad he has found his form at QPR as he had huge potential I feel from being at Stevenage.

34 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

He was just shite really. Good riddance IMO

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Thought he was ok, no more no less, looks as though he has put a bit of timber on to me, bit of a fat arse.

Personally I wouldn't want him back, another in a long list who moved because he thought the grass was greener and I expect he might be a little envious at this moment in time.

I dont think so, I dont think he cares one little bit, he is getting paid more to do the same job plus making his own records - top assists in the leage.

I did notice that Ayling was "Buzzing" for us after Man U as well so I think the feelings still remain for the team/friends to do well but the only way they will regret leaving is if we get promoted.

10 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

He would not fit into our current side. Feel he flattered to deceive in Championship for us, his goals per game ratio for someone in his position was generally poor for us. Although, he was part of the League 1 winning side and I wish him well, glad he has found his form at QPR as he had huge potential I feel from being at Stevenage.

And yet O'Dowda never seems to get criticised for this

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I wouldn't say he was useless in open play I always felt he tried to over do it though, beat a man then go and beat him again.

A good comparison to me is the West Ham game v Man Utd game.

Freeman broke forward past midfield so many times in the former and yet created zilch and we didn' score.

Against Man Utd, quick sharp passing led to 2 goals that wouldn't have been scored if Freeman was involved in the play.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

A good comparison to me is the West Ham game v Man Utd game.

Freeman broke forward past midfield so many times in the former and yet created zilch and we didn' score.

Against Man Utd, quick sharp passing led to 2 goals that wouldn't have been scored if Freeman was involved in the play.

Scott I know you never liked Freeman but he is nowhere near as bad as some people make out. Would he be a starter in this team? probably not but he did a good job here we got our moneys worth.

56 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I dont think so, I dont think he cares one little bit, he is getting paid more to do the same job plus making his own records - top assists in the leage.

I did notice that Ayling was "Buzzing" for us after Man U as well so I think the feelings still remain for the team/friends to do well but the only way they will regret leaving is if we get promoted.

That's fine I really hope that he is happy counting his extra money at an average club, with an average manager, with mainly average players and a less than average expectations given their financial position.

As for Ayling at least he can claim he has gone to a bigger club.

I would say that LJ has probably got it right with both players, I see them as players who never fully bought into the 'project' and chose the short term riches option, best of luck to them both, I have no ill feeling to either but I wouldn't have either of them back because I think we look towards better, more consistent and hungry players.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

And yet O'Dowda never seems to get criticised for this

There has been some criticism, however I think people recognised O'Dowda was getting in good goalscoring opportunities, just lacking in that department. After he got his goal against Palace(?) he certainly looked more dangerous going forward, think he gained a lot of confidence from the goal. 

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

There has been some criticism, however I think people recognised O'Dowda was getting in good goalscoring opportunities, just lacking in that department. After he got his goal against Palace(?) he certainly looked more dangerous going forward, think he gained a lot of confidence from the goal. 

ODowda is living proof of a very young raw talent listening, learning and then putting into practice those lessons, his defensive work started to improve with every game and with that side of his game at a satisfactory level suddenly his offensive qualities improved and his loss just as with Pisano has unbalanced the team.

I suspect little by little Eliasson will develop along the same lines, it might take longer because English football comes as a culture shock to many foreign players, Magnússon, Hegeler and Engvall are all testament to that, Magnússon is getting there.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

He wasn't good enough to be frank, and was running out of contract. Potential was there and I think most saw he could become classy at this level, but it was a case of give him a new big contract on a gamble or get your money back. 

Thought it was harsh booing him yesterday yet Matt Smith comes on and gets a standing ovation. Nobody from that 14/15 season deserves to be booed. Lack of class from us I felt. 

Archived