IGNORED

Diedhiou and Djuric back mid-January

The Enormous Turnip

Not a moment too soon! That'll be another 5 games without them at the very least - Wolves (H), Villa (A), Watford (A), Man City (A) and Norwich (H).

We're coping remarkably well right now with such a threadbare squad, scoring 14 goals in our last 7 - but 12 of them have come from defence and midfield.

Long may their form (and fitness :fingerscrossed:) continue, but what a boost it'll be to have these two back and available!

We’ve been a long time without Diedhieu and O’Neil and whilst I’d welcome anyone back I’m also a bit concerned about how they will fit in. We’ve already seen the team decide to lump to Duric,  for an unexplained reason according to LJ, I don’t want players to come in and upset the balance we have, although I agree the squad is threadbare. Diedhieu was barely settled here when he got injured, he’s going to need time again to regain his touch. We can’t be expecting too much too soon I don’t think.

50 minutes ago, The Enormous Turnip said:

Not a moment too soon! That'll be another 5 games without them at the very least - Wolves (H), Villa (A), Watford (A), Man City (A) and Norwich (H).

We're coping remarkably well right now with such a threadbare squad, scoring 14 goals in our last 7 - but 12 of them have come from defence and midfield.

Long may their form (and fitness :fingerscrossed:) continue, but what a boost it'll be to have these two back and available!

I know the Man Utd game was amazing but the semis is as far as we go! Do we play the under 23’s at Watford and a mixture at Man City. 

They are going to have to fight for their place!  :chant6ez:

But aye, to have them back will be a relief, the team has just be utterly amazing and i'm sure the injured players are gagging to get tagged back in, but it will take time to get back to match fitness, although I doubt we will have the luxury of slowly introducing them back, they will be thrown back in.

4 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I know the Man Utd game was amazing but the semis is as far as we go! Do we play the under 23’s at Watford and a mixture at Man City. 

Aw, c'mon. Someone's got to beat MC eventually :) I'm sure both comps have got rules in place to guard against fielding vastly below strength teams, however it might be funny to turn up at Man City with just the U23s.

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

Aw, c'mon. Someone's got to beat MC eventually :) I'm sure both comps have got rules in place to guard against fielding vastly below strength teams, however it might be funny to turn up at Man City with just the U23s.

Watford away is not a priority and is an extra game we don’t really want. 

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

We will beat them, Pep like all the others will underestimate us. ManCity will put out a youth/reserve team and we will turn them over like we did the others.

2-1 loss at the ManC city ground (whatever its called)

3-1 win at AG, COYR! :chant6ez:

16 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

U23s at Watford gives us a bit of a rest before Man City and hopefully if QPR win their tie we could rest again later in month 

2 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Gary O’Neill must be due back soon too. His experience could be very useful for the run-in.

I sincerely doubt we will see him play again. One thing we do not seem to lack in the middle is experience. We are making the cynical fouls and are dictating play. I personally wouldn't play him - we'd see Brownhill back in CM before that. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't panic !!!

Gustav is on his way !!! ;)

IMG_4440.PNG

Appreciate you're jesting but I don't believe that the backroom staff rate him. Looking at the young players signed last season, moore the obvious exception because of lack of opportunities, they have all been coached and developed phenomenally well - many unrecognizable from last year. If we thought GE had it in the locker, I struggle to believe we would let him go as far as Sweden and outside that obvious quality of coaching. 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Out of interest, is the title official? If so, good news indeed, although will need to get back up to match fitness.

And when people say XXXXX will be back on XXXXX we tend to overlook there is a chance , possibly a good chance that those returning players may pick up niggles , often muscular on their way back or , god forbid , a relapse

Cant automatically assume everything will run smoothly

3 hours ago, Full nelson said:

I really, really hope this is not the case. This has been an amazing season for City and I really hope we continue to attack all competitions. We can bring in a couple of loans in January to bolster the squad and also have some players returning from injury. We should rest people where we really need to but otherwise I would like us to go with our strongest team.

3 hours ago, Full nelson said:

We don’t know what side Manchester City will play. They are competing on four fronts and this is their lowest priority. Wolves took them to penalties in an earlier round.

Play u23s at Watford and that gives the team fully 8 days off before the first leg. We play the strongest team we are able to and pick the side according to form and fitness as if it were another league game. We may have new recruits by then anyway.

I certainly don’t think we should be giving up on the competition at the semi final stage.

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We don’t know what side Manchester City will play. They are competing on four fronts and this is their lowest priority. Wolves took them to penalties in an earlier round.

Play u23s at Watford and that gives the team fully 8 days off before the first leg. We play the strongest team we are able to and pick the side according to form and fitness as if it were another league game. We may have new recruits by then anyway.

I certainly don’t think we should be giving up on the competition at the semi final stage.

I think we play the strongest team we can, and as weak as we can v Watford.

Pep has yet to win anything at City? Would not be surprised to see them go strong in the first leg and aim to kill it dead then. They are in the enviable position right now of being able to rest some players in their next league game given their league position.

Just to put the mountain we face in perspective, on average we would be losing 6-1 over the two legs if we were meeting them in the premier league. That is just how dominant they have been in the league. They are arguably the best club side on the planet right now.

It is however football. There is always a chance.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't panic !!!

Gustav is on his way !!! ;)

IMG_4440.PNG

I hope he gets a chance, there must be something in there for us to have paid over a million for him - the scouts seem to have got things right even when we have maybe doubted them over the last couple of seasons.

5 hours ago, The Enormous Turnip said:

We must rest Bryan, Flint, Smith, Brownhill and Reid in that Watford game. We’ve don’t superbly well in the League Cup and the league so personally forget the FA Cup all together. Give u23s a run out.

17 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

We must rest Bryan, Flint, Smith, Brownhill and Reid in that Watford game. We’ve don’t superbly well in the League Cup and the league so personally forget the FA Cup all together. Give u23s a run out.

Think your right about FA cup. I can’t afford to go to Wembley three times anyway

Archived