IGNORED

Brentford v Villa

cidercity1987

7 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Lasse Vibe doing ok for Brentford. Danish who scored lots of goals in IFK Göteborg. Think its his third season now in Brentford.

All this talk of signing Hugill from Preston; I’d be happy if we paid significant money for Vibe - top player at this level.

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Vibe doesn't really fit our buying style. Paying big money for a player who is 30 with no sell on value is not the City way anymore.

Very true - I can see him being a player with little resale or development.

Still; think he’d both fit our style and score a fair few goals for us - perhaps on of the few ‘exceptions’ to the rule!

26 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Was at Liverpool, signed permanently this year I believe.

Turned us down for Norwich but never got a game. Brentford paid £2.5m for him.. looks like he has found his form he showed when he was on loan for them few years ago 

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Turned us down for Norwich but never got a game. Brentford paid £2.5m for him.. looks like he has found his form he showed when he was on loan for them few years ago 

Never even realised he was at Norwich. Been about a fair bit for a 20 year old.

33 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

9 points clear of 7th then, looking good

Very true, and one of the first things I looked at when the game finished.  Shows how far we’ve come, but also a bit of pessimism, seeing that we are 2nd.

That was a tough test for us today.  We came through it whilst under-par...how good is that.

Last year’s game with Reading was my first murmur of discontent re Johnson.  Without going into that Reading’s style is a little bit more direct these days, but there were times in the final 20 minutes where Reading started to play it like they did last season.  This season we sniffed out most chances, but can’t wait to see Barrow’s miss / Frankie’s save.

45 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Never forget Kodjia said, Aston Villa is a better Club than Bristol City....

More media soundbites, of course he would say that when he’s just signed for them, it’s how to get their fans on your side straightaway.....I’ll never understand the immediate outrage on here when anyone says anything publicly that doesn’t sit well with the sensitive OTIB sages....playing the media game is a HUGE part of football these days, just don’t bite! Robbie Keane has claimed to be a ‘huge boyhood fan’ of every club he has played for - I just laugh at it!

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very true, and one of the first things I looked at when the game finished.  Shows how far we’ve come, but also a bit of pessimism, seeing that we are 2nd.

That was a tough test for us today.  We came through it whilst under-par...how good is that.

Last year’s game with Reading was my first murmur of discontent re Johnson.  Without going into that Reading’s style is a little bit more direct these days, but there were times in the final 20 minutes where Reading started to play it like they did last season.  This season we sniffed out most chances, but can’t wait to see Barrow’s miss / Frankie’s save.

Awful miss rather than wonderful save (Decent save tho)

Archived