IGNORED

Crowd 12th man

Topper 123

What a massive game sat v Wolves We really need the crowd to show the country that we deserve prem football , the team are producing but atmosphere yesterday was flat . We can’t wait for team to deliver and then start cheering we need to be loud from start to finish to carry team over the line , so sat with the help of some up beat music on PA system prior game to get fans lifted let’s ROAR the reds on and be the 12th much needed man COYR 

5 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

What a massive game sat v Wolves We really need the crowd to show the country that we deserve prem football , the team are producing but atmosphere yesterday was flat . We can’t wait for team to deliver and then start cheering we need to be loud from start to finish to carry team over the line , so sat with the help of some up beat music on PA system prior game to get fans lifted let’s ROAR the reds on and be the 12th much needed man COYR 

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Agreed 

It was even worse at QPR away Saturday, despite there being just under 2000 reds. 

We need to be the difference and we can be. The lads are on there last legs, let's give them the extra energy from the stands 

Not just the Wolves game

EVERY home game and away where the hardy followers can ,  it will become more and more important , in fact I'd suggest vital and could make the difference 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not just the Wolves game

EVERY home game and away where the hardy followers can ,  it will become more and more important , in fact I'd suggest vital and could make the difference 

Agreed. Imagine every game like the Man united one! It was unbelievable !

The atmosphere was good before the Manchester game kicked off.

There's no reason it cant be like that every game.

Also, imo the on pitch being poor is no excuse for a bad atmosphere  if the atmosphere is crap before the game even starts.

Once the game starts saying one is linked to the other has some weight but it works both ways, and the players cant play well or badly before the game starts, but the atmosphere can be loud before then.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The atmosphere was good before the Manchester game kicked off.

There's no reason it cant be like that every game.

Also, imo the on pitch being poor is no excuse for a bad atmosphere  if the atmosphere is crap before the game even starts.

Once the game starts saying one is linked to the other has some weight but it works both ways, and the players cant play well or badly before the game starts, but the atmosphere can be loud before then.

And  it can't be down to Sec 82 all the time to maintain the noise

Needs the South Stand who are pretty good , the Dolman which is mixed but can be good and the Lansdown which I struggle to hear most of time (Which may be the sound dynamics of ground) to all play their part and at least join in , even if Sec 82 take the lead as much as they can  

Wholeheartedly agree. The amount of times the atmosphere has been cited in the programme notes as a lift to the players is insane. We need to give them a lift against probably the best side in the division, and if they we well theres absolutely no reason why we can't win imo.

Come on boys, lets ******* give the West Midlands pricks the hardest game of their season.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Wholeheartedly agree. The amount of times the atmosphere has been cited in the programme notes as a lift to the players is insane. We need to give them a lift against probably the best side in the division, and if they we well theres absolutely no reason why we can't win imo.

Come on boys, lets ******* give the West Midlands pricks the hardest game of their season.

A lot of them say we already have!

But lets try and top that again.

33 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Thought the atmosphere was flat yesterday. Need to all get going. 

Lifted off of www.molineuxmix.com. Get these on the dressing room walls.

The three challengers? We havnt got one challenger to be honest.

With Bristol City and Derby 8 and 10 points adrift of us we should be able to see this out now , a win at Ashton Gate and Bingo.

Bristol City away on the 30th is going to be an absolute ding dong. Whether we win or lose that, I'm not worried about anyone.

The automatic places are now between four teams. Derby may put in a strong run now and Warnock, against the odds, is keeping Cardiff right up there. Bristol City are the surprise package. I doubt their squad has much depth so I wonder whether they can sustain their current hot patch if they get injuries/suspensions. But if they beat us at home they will gain massive momentum. We must at least draw that match to keep them in their box.

This game should be perfect for us because they love to attack and will be open. Bristol 1-3 Us

In a weird way, think the more teams up near the top, the better. Keeps us on our toes and keeps us focused, but also they'll ended up dragging each other into battles. If it was us and Bristol City, for example, ten points clear of the rest, then it's easier for them to focus on catching us, whereas if they've got 4 or 5 teams biting at their ankles from below, it's tough.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Lifted off of www.molineuxmix.com. Get these on the dressing room walls.

The automatic places are now between four teams. Derby may put in a strong run now and Warnock, against the odds, is keeping Cardiff right up there. Bristol City are the surprise package. I doubt their squad has much depth so I wonder whether they can sustain their current hot patch if they get injuries/suspensions. But if they beat us at home they will gain massive momentum. We must at least draw that match to keep them in their box.

So that poster has shown they have no idea as have had 4+ players injured since late October/early November.

26 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Ive always been one of those who says its down to the players to do there bit on the pitch, and get the fans going...

Theyve already done their bit. Time for us to make sure we deliver like we did V United and even the last 20 minutes yesterday 

Bang on. I tried to get it going yesterday but everybody around had their arms crossed waiting for something to happen.

The football is as thrilling as I’ve ever seen a City side. We’re in the semi finals of the League Cup and in the top 2 of the division! We MUST back the lads, they’ve been nothing short of tremendous.

Little side note, the atmosphere is always better when we are the underdogs. So I’m sure it will be much better against Wolves.

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

Yesterday was flat.

But it was cold. And wet. And Boxing Day.

Even the S82 lads didn't have the usual flag and flare show; and what's happened to our little drummer boy??

Wolves will be like a cauldron.

COYR.

Some people have other commitments, such as work and family.

2 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Agreed 

It was even worse at QPR away Saturday, despite there being just under 2000 reds

We need to be the difference and we can be. The lads are on there last legs, let's give them the extra energy from the stands 

I thought the City fans made decent noise at QPR.  Didn't help that QPR noise was nonexistent, apart from the crazy Mexican guy with the bugle.  Made me really appreciate how lucky we are with the atmosphere we get at the Gate. 

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

I thought the City fans made decent noise at QPR.  Didn't help that QPR noise was nonexistent, apart from the crazy Mexican guy with the bugle.  Made me really appreciate how lucky we are with the atmosphere we get at the Gate. 

Agreed. And that was actually a noisy day at Loftus Road. 

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Tbf he's not gonna say "the fans were shit today, except for the fella in the sombrero with the bugle, who had a siesta on 60 minutes".

On the other hand, he could just say nothing. But the squad we have at this time are all pulling in the same direction and are very appreciative of the time, money and effort that we put into support the team. They remind me so much of the 1976 lads who got us up to the First Division. The togetherness and the affinity with the supporters.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

On the other hand, he could just say nothing. But the squad we have at this time are all pulling in the same direction and are very appreciative of the time, money and effort that we put into support the team. They remind me so much of the 1976 lads who got us up to the First Division. The togetherness and the affinity with the supporters.

I wasn't about to see the 76 season but the way its written in to City folklore is astounding. Can only assume it's the highest praise you can give to compare the side we've got now to that one. Like you say, I think they probably are appreciative of the support they get. Theres no "big time charlies" and a lot of our team is made up of players with lower league backgrounds, or that've had to work hard to get to where they are now, and I think that helps create and affinity with the fans.

Archived