IGNORED

Crowd 12th man

Topper 123

14 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I wasn't about to see the 76 season but the way its written in to City folklore is astounding. Can only assume it's the highest praise you can give to compare the side we've got now to that one. Like you say, I think they probably are appreciative of the support they get. Theres no "big time charlies" and a lot of our team is made up of players with lower league backgrounds, or that've had to work hard to get to where they are now, and I think that helps create and affinity with the fans.

But you are luckier than us old uns now as you've got the future still in front of you. 

I watched it develop over several years. Geoff Merrick captaining England Schoolboys at Ashton Gate. The other Bristol lads like Collier, Rodgers, Cashley , Taints being intermixed with the Scottish youth of Ritchie and Gow. Then the recruits from other clubs for next to nothing like Whitehead, Mann, Sweeney, Gillies, Shaw. And old man Bryan Drysdale at left back, Ernie Hunt and a couple of others brought in for their experience and then at £30,000, The Big Cheesley. 

They worked, played and enjoyed life together. I met them at Trevor Taintons testimonial skittles evening at the printing company I worked at in Bedminster. Even at that, they competed with each other. They never wanted to lose anything be it football or tiddlywinks.

This side seems to be the same; concede a goal, so let's go up the other end and score two! 

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

Not having that.

If you can't make the effort on 46 occasions (plus cup fixtures and friendlies), then you're not a real fan. Real fans get jobs that work around football and choose families / partners that don't moan.

Not sure if this is a whoosh or not so binned it just in case :) 

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Lifted off of www.molineuxmix.com. Get these on the dressing room walls.

The three challengers? We havnt got one challenger to be honest.

With Bristol City and Derby 8 and 10 points adrift of us we should be able to see this out now , a win at Ashton Gate and Bingo.

Bristol City away on the 30th is going to be an absolute ding dong. Whether we win or lose that, I'm not worried about anyone.

The automatic places are now between four teams. Derby may put in a strong run now and Warnock, against the odds, is keeping Cardiff right up there. Bristol City are the surprise package. I doubt their squad has much depth so I wonder whether they can sustain their current hot patch if they get injuries/suspensions. But if they beat us at home they will gain massive momentum. We must at least draw that match to keep them in their box.

This game should be perfect for us because they love to attack and will be open. Bristol 1-3 Us

In a weird way, think the more teams up near the top, the better. Keeps us on our toes and keeps us focused, but also they'll ended up dragging each other into battles. If it was us and Bristol City, for example, ten points clear of the rest, then it's easier for them to focus on catching us, whereas if they've got 4 or 5 teams biting at their ankles from below, it's tough.

To be fair, leaving aside the squad depth thing, he is pretty much bang on with what he says about the teams chasing them and why it`s good that there`s a few not just one.

Archived