IGNORED

A step too far?

RedNight

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

Its down to us fans to roar like f_ _k as soon as our lads appear and keep it going for 90 minutes. The lads are doing the business on the pitch and we MUST do our bit in the stands. We could do with spreading some of the brilliant fans in the corner of the Dolman around the rest of the ground. Our players will need us 100% behind them and there is no place for the quiet fans who sit and watch. So as soon as our guys appear, lets shout and get them through these tough matches until reinforcements arrive. Thereafter, we still need to support 100%. COYRs.

I' m actually carrying an injury , too much carol singing , and may have to be rested for the Wolves match . 

It's also worth remembering that on Jan 1st, Derby have Sheffield United at home and Boro travel to Preston. Fulham host Ipswich on the 2nd, so even if we drop points at Villa, it will be difficult for the teams in 'middle earth' to disrupt our playoff push.

28 minutes ago, mozo said:

It's also worth remembering that on Jan 1st, Derby have Sheffield United at home and Boro travel to Preston. Fulham host Ipswich on the 2nd, so even if we drop points at Villa, it will be difficult for the teams in 'middle earth' to disrupt our playoff push.

Certainly a couple of cracking sets of fixtures coming up.

I think there's one set where all the top 10 play each other except 2 sides, who face the bottom 2 teams.

Good responses to my originally post. 

I would say it's a shame that the likes of Leko, Eliasson, Taylor haven't really taken their chances when it's been given to them. Both Eliasson and Taylor have been excellent of the bench at times, but have been found wanting when given a start. Leko has been a massive disappointment full stop. He showed so much potential in his first couple of appearances. With these three not stepping up it makes rotation even harder. 

Kelly at QPR was also woeful, and the main reason we played so poorly in that first half. Goal last game may have given him confidence? And Vyner is just below par in this league at the moment. 

So it pretty much leaves us with the bare 11. That's not taking into account the baker/ Paterson injuries. 

I think there is a good player in Cauley Woodrow somewhere, he has shown glimpses of class. What a chance for him to step up and potentially earn himself a permanent contract.

Time will tell. It would be a shame if the injuries do cost us, the management and players don't deserve that, they have all collectively been brilliant! 

Lee Johnson has dealt with the circumstances extremely well. His tactics/ team selection have been pretty much spot on. I remember times this season looking at the team sheet (early season) and thinking really? But my questions were always needless. 

10 hours ago, mozo said:

Surely the outlook is that best case scenario we could be 2 points off the top after new year's!

11 hours ago, The turtle said:

Worst case scenario 6 points off 2nd after new years day fixtures. Would anyone not have taken that at the start of the season or even the beginning of November?

Id like to revise my post!!!

Archived