IGNORED

Naive

Maesknoll Red

12 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

All easy to say in hindsight though isn't it? The little decisions from LJ and the players usually go our way.. tonight they didn't. It's only naive if you don't learn from them in the future which I'm sure we will. 

Agreed, easy to be wise after the event. LJ was going for the win, he gambled and lost but it's worked out in other games so we mustn't be too hard on him.

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

Bryan was at fault for the sending off, letting his man (Doherty) run free. 

Poor Mags is getting the blame for trying to cover Bryan’s error. 

Mags had a good game. 

Have to say Harry you don’t like JB do you !

You are pointing out that it wasn’t Mags to blame , but then point out it  was JB to blame

There were a number of errors and the fact it was in theory JBs man definitely leaves him with a question to answer 

BUT there were a number of people culpable in errors - Posters have rightly pointed out that BW was five yards behind the line and playing Doherty onside

Posters have questioned FFs decision making

Nathan Baker was not in a good position and lacked the pace to cover his left sided centre back (HM)

Why were there such a big hole in the middle of the pitch (Used to great skill by Cabalero to be fair) - in essence , why were we caught so wide open when 1-0 up against 10 men

I Bet When LJ analyses it he will probably be able to point out errors or poor decision making or positioning by 5 or 6 at least

It was a series of errors , and in particular shape / discipline - and to blame HM , JB, FF or any individual for the goal is simply crazy

It just took a second of 'misunderstanding' between JB and Mags for the sending off.

JB was with two players...the RM and RB making an overlapping run.

Both chose to follow the run of the RM...thus allowing the gap to form and the overlapping RB to take advantage of the space created.

It happens in football...fine margins and good play by the opposition this time. We've done it to others.

Naivety   ✗

Over confidence   ✓

We have played our way out of problems all season. I don't want to use the word luck because our players earn their luck, but they have certainly ridden their luck at times this season with the way they have played and tried to stick to their principles and keep trying to create opportunities to attack meaningfully rather than just get rid. There was always going to be a time when it backfired. Yes I'd rather Marlon Pack just hammers the ball at first sight but you don't beat Man Utd or get half of our late winners if that is our approach to a sight of the ball - we've got a lot of results precisely because players have taken risks whether tackling, pressing or positioning.

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

Naivety   ✗

Over confidence   ✓

We have played our way out of problems all season. I don't want to use the word luck because our players earn their luck, but they have certainly ridden their luck at times this season with the way they have played and tried to stick to their principles and keep trying to create opportunities to attack meaningfully rather than just get rid. There was always going to be a time when it backfired. Yes I'd rather Marlon Pack just hammers the ball at first sight but you don't beat Man Utd or get half of our late winners if that is our approach to a sight of the ball - we've got a lot of results precisely because players have taken risks whether tackling, pressing or positioning.

Brilliant post

Nail-firmly on head ,with a lump hammer !!

Its exactly what has made us successful and WHY we ARE good

The best post Wolves post for me

worth a separate :clap::clap:

In the cold light of day, it does look a bit like we made a few mistakes last night all round.

I agree Flint should go back the minute we score

I agree Frankie lost his head

I agree Matty should look to pass instead of going for glory

I agree Marlon wasn't street wise at the end (fall over, it's a free kick)

BUT   3rd in January    ******* hell

Mistakes everywhere leading up to Wolves first goal. 

Mags getting drawn in, Frankies bad call, but I haven’t seen Bailey Wright’s named mentioned. Bailey went with his runner when he should’ve stepped out with Baker. He was a good 15 yards behind Bakes when through ball was played leaving their lad clean onside. 

Naivety, hindsight, overplaying, complacency as we were so in control, it doesn’t matter. The boys have played excellent football so far this season showing fantastic character. That last minute goal would knock  the stuffing out of almost anyone, but I’m looking forward to us showing some more in the face of adversity away to Villa. I wouldn’t back against us.  COYR! 

Archived