IGNORED

engval

leadman

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Guess we'll find out at 4.30.

I reckon he can but won't make the squad today anyway.

I suspect that might be the case.

I’m torn as to whether he should be given a shot or not - he’s scored more than Taylor at a decent (if not admittedly lower) standard of football in 2017, and watching him for the Swedish under-21s this summer he clearly has something about him.

However, nothing so far has suggested he might be capable of a Brownhill or O’Dowda-esk improvement so perhaps surplus to requirements.

Just now, bristolcitysweden said:

Engvalls loan spell with Djurgården ended on the 1st of November so I guess he is now registered as our player and is available for tonights game 

Yep

Sky just said the same about Silva at Leicester. Was basically allowed on bench because he is their player. It is like a loan returning. 

On 31/12/2017 at 11:46, DT The Optimist said:

This guy is a great topic for the forum.

if you look back on main site you see LJ telling the media on signing him he is for the present and now and will hit the ground running and expecting him to score goals. A fee iro 2 million. Never disclosed for certain ?

I think either LJ really did believe that or he was a bit naive and said it to appease the supporters after the Kodjia sale.

On 31/12/2017 at 11:46, DT The Optimist said:

it has never happened. Never really had much of a sniff.  So what is behind this mystery man then. Who did sign him on what recommendations, who was responsible for the signing ,  what was the fee, why is he not rated and what’s he lacking,  And. What next.  

Woukd love to hear from MA about this signing and how it happened. One for Twentystone to ask me thinks 

I think it's one of these pretty straight forward outcomes

1) He's just not as good as we thought. Our recruitment strategy won't always work. He hasn't and won't work out and we'll get rid.

2) He is good enough and just hasn't settled. We think he can be a success. When he first arrived he was injured, his girlfriend was in Sweden and he didn't settle. He's from a small island in a provincial area of Sweden so it may have been a bit of a culture shock coming over here. He wanted to make the Sweden U21 squad and felt he needed regular games closer to home to do that.

Ashton did speak at length to Twentyman about it during Sound of the City back in the autumn. Probably not available on iPlayer. I thought the answer he gave alluded to an element of truth in both of my theories above. 

Archived