IGNORED

engval

leadman

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

No, dont think so. He was not good the last 4-5 games in Sweden. The tempo is higher in championship.

I would love to see Engvall come back a success but we've had to move on several gears since we signed him. The lack of time and space that he will have to contribute will make it very difficult for him.  Eliasson is struggling to make an impact despite his speed and crossing ability. This league is unrelenting and unforgiving.

45 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Just out of interest (I've no idea if you're right or wrong) but why the third? Surely if the window opens tomorrow we should be able to register new or "new" players immediately, shouldn't we?

We can I think but they have to be registered 24hrs before a game so even if we re-registered him at a minute past midnight he still couldn`t play v Villa.

This guy is a great topic for the forum.

if you look back on main site you see LJ telling the media on signing him he is for the present and now and will hit the ground running and expecting him to score goals. A fee iro 2 million. Never disclosed for certain ?

it has never happened. Never really had much of a sniff.  So what is behind this mystery man then. Who did sign him on what recommendations, who was responsible for the signing ,  what was the fee, why is he not rated and what’s he lacking,  And. What next.  

Woukd love to hear from MA about this signing and how it happened. One for Twentystone to ask me thinks 

5 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

This guy is a great topic for the forum.

if you look back on main site you see LJ telling the media on signing him he is for the present and now and will hit the ground running and expecting him to score goals. A fee iro 2 million. Never disclosed for certain ?

it has never happened. Never really had much of a sniff.  So what is behind this mystery man then. Who did sign him on what recommendations, who was responsible for the signing ,  what was the fee, why is he not rated and what’s he lacking,  And. What next.  

Woukd love to hear from MA about this signing and how it happened. One for Twentystone to ask me thinks 

And who was the English agent/middleman earning £1m from the transfer?

30 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

He has taken Gothenburg to court over his signing on bonus and Djurgården, although they are pretty much total shit, will not be interested after his second loan spell which was a disaster. Probably off to the Dutch league asap. 

When Tommy was young he used to go to all Djurgården games. But then something happend to his head (you know how he can be on the forum after a few beers) and he changed favorite club to Aik Solna (a shit club north of Stockholm).  It's like changing club from Bristol City to Cardiff.

Engvalls case with Gothenburg is about how his signing on bonus should be calculated. Engvall claims the actual transfer fee but the club think their expenses (£1m to someone) should be considered.

I can see the English someone compensating Engvall to have the case withdrawn and out of public insight.     

In fact, I'll get back and confirm when the case has been withdrawn.

So side-stepping the chat about whether he will prove good enough/was he a waste of money; did we ever clarify if he can play for us from today?

He has already appeared for us (blink and you’d have missed it versus Barnsley), so despite being on loan until November, surely there shouldn’t be an issue with him playing for us now?  

I’m not 100% clear on international clearance and all that, but being he’s already made the pitch for us this term, surely he can play for us again now?

I know the new defender Liverpool signed cannot play until the 3rd as with the bank holiday he cannot be registered yet.

Equally, he is moving clubs. In our case I suppose it depends how the loan agreement was written, if he just ‘reverts’ to us on 1 January it may be that as that loan agreement is already registered it counts.

Gut feel I think it is hypothetical. Seeing nothing to suggest he will be used either way.

21 hours ago, JonDolman said:

The strange thing about signing engvall and Moore for so much money is they weren't and still aren't close to being ready for this level. Whereas a similar fee spent on odowda, was for a player who was already ready for the step up. The likes of engvall and Moore might both go on to be top championship, or even prem players. We'll have to wait and see, but these fees for such players are big gambles that could well be a waste of money. 

And that, I guess, is the nature of football. If you buy young, unproven, cheap but promising, which is our strategy, then probably 1 in 3 will work out. If there was a guarantee they'd do well then they'd be costing a lot more money - see the 17 year old at Fulham. 

1 hour ago, samo II said:

So side-stepping the chat about whether he will prove good enough/was he a waste of money; did we ever clarify if he can play for us from today?

He has already appeared for us (blink and you’d have missed it versus Barnsley), so despite being on loan until November, surely there shouldn’t be an issue with him playing for us now?  

I’m not 100% clear on international clearance and all that, but being he’s already made the pitch for us this term, surely he can play for us again now?

Guess we'll find out at 4.30.

I reckon he can but won't make the squad today anyway.

Archived