IGNORED

Smith - Pato - Brownhill - Reid - Bryan

Fordy62

I’m not going to cover any new ground here, I’m sure it’s all be seen said before, but the interlinking play between these five is absolutely insatiable. 

You could really tell last night when Pato and Brownhill were subbed off because we completely lost that spark.

For me these five are the cornerstone of why we’re playing so well at the moment. They’re so comfortable at the one touch that LJ is clearly making them live and breath and it’s carving out the chances like I’m not sure I’ve ever seen City do before. 

If these five maintain their form, we’ll bounce back from last night and we’ll maintain the form that’s seen us get to where we are. 

I was a massive critic of Johnson. But the football we’re playing now is incredible and long may it continue. We’re a joy to watch at the moment.

Enjoy it while you can. 

Spot on mate.

Not sure I realised it at the time but getting rid of Tomlin was actually beneficial in two ways;

We lost a very disruptive influence.

Those you have named then got the opportunity to play in areas he previously occupied.

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Just look for Reid’s goal, I’m sure you can add Wright to the list. We can move the ball so quickly with our wing backs, centre miss and strikers. This drags people closer to the little triangle it creates space on the other side. Noticed this a lot last night

I’m not sure I’m quite comfortable adding Wright into the mix. I am impressed by his footballing ability for a CB, but he’s not quite at the same level. The same goes for Pack, not quite as good on the ball, however, that being said, last night (94th minute aside) he was my man of the match by some distance. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m not sure I’m quite comfortable adding Wright into the mix. I am impressed by his footballing ability for a CB, but he’s not quite at the same level. The same goes for Pack, not quite as good on the ball, however, that being said, last night (94th minute aside) he was my man of the match by some distance. 

Totally agree, I meant for the little triangles  on the right it will be Wright, Brownhill and Pato creating space for Reid, Bryan and Smith on the other side. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I wouldn't add Pack either, I think he sits off of play like that trying to make sure that if we lose the ball he can be disruptive to a breakaway - a key role (and thankless) none the less.

The whole team have been performing well!

Defensively with Flint/Baker solid CBS. Hörður/Bryan at LB and Wright at RB.

Midfield - as op says Brownhill, Smith are impressive. Pack lying deeper and Pato/Reid helping when required. Bryan adding on the left.

Just how more impressive will City be when all the injured players are back?

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:The whole team have been performing well!

Defensively with Flint/Baker solid CBS. Hörður/Bryan at LB and Wright at RB.

Midfield - as op says Brownhill, Smith are impressive. Pack lying deeper and Pato/Reid helping when required. Bryan adding on the left.

Just how more impressive will City be when all the injured players are back?

Really interesting question right there.

CoD and Pisano 100%. I really like it when we are playing Reid up front on his on with the players buzzing behind him however. It does cross my mind that when our two strikers are back it should not mean we move away entirely from what we are doing now. Of course it means we have greater options, and do not have to stick a CB up front, but is an interesting debate as to whether in some games our current starting shape is the right one, full squad or not.

i think we are also a little unlucky how the fixtures are breaking. January and Feb look on paper much tougher than Mch and Apr, and it is going to take five or six weeks until we see injuries, the transfer window, resolve itself.

Archived