IGNORED

Red cards Wolves

wayne allisons tongues

9 minutes ago, simon uk said:

When fielding was out of his box, any contact apart from a clean tackle was always going to be a red card, surely the alternative was to stay in goal but it was a rush of blood. The real question was how did Magnússon lose his man so easily on that breakaway.

Not sure if it was Mags or Bryan that should have picked him up, and Wright seemed to fall asleep looking across the line.

Looking at it again, it is a decent pass for sure, but he has the the freedom of AG before the ball is passed for a fair while, when we are a goal up against ten men. Tired minds tired legs was the best I could come up with. More excusable if we are a goal down wth 15 to go chasing it.

I am sure they know all that, just a shame.

I guess we just have to accept that wolves team is about as strong as you are going to find at this level, just a shame that we pushed them so closely and a few errors in concentration cost us at least a well earned point.

i think the management, players and coaches have given everything they could at this point,, we need to see what the club can do now in terms if bringing in a few good quality players in january. 

19 minutes ago, simon uk said:

When fielding was out of his box, any contact apart from a clean tackle was always going to be a red card, surely the alternative was to stay in goal but it was a rush of blood. The real question was how did Magnússon lose his man so easily on that breakaway.

I thought it was a Joe at fault, time and time again their no2 had so much space. It’s a wonder we weren’t punished sooner than their winning goal.

5 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I can see why ref gave both cards yesterday but think maybe both were a little bit harsh.

wolves red he won the ball and caught Magnússon on his follow through, as they said in the studio in today’s climate a red. Personally think it’s harsh the guy has won the ball but can see why ref gave it. Just find it frustrating that you basically can’t put in certain tackles anymore which were all part of defending.

City red Frankie should never of been where he was but if you watch the replay he never moves and there player kicks his leg. Can see why ref gave it split second decision but I personally feel there player felt he had lost control and won the red instead of Frankie giving it away.

Just my opinion on them and as I said can see why ref gave them split second decisions without constant replays. 

I don’t see it as harsh.  Poor decision following a poor touch by Batth.  It what I call a ‘bottlers’ challenge...one where you know the other guy (Mags) is going in for a textbook block tackle, and you (Batth) know you aren’t gonna win it, so you jump in, straight legged, halfway up the ball, knowing you won’t get hurt.  The only thing Batth didn’t do, was go in with both feet, but it was still reckless, and therefore a red card.  Seen it so many times end up in a broken leg.  Mags lucky that the momentum and contact with ball didn’t force Batth’s leg upwards into Mag’s shin.  Would’ve snapped it in half.  

Who coaches players to tackle like that?  I never tackled anyone like that, I either block tackled (and have the hole in my shin from a similar tackle to remind me) or sliding tackle from side...but never studs up.  No different to Fleck’s imho.

No point harping back to Gow and Hunter era.  The rules have changed and are better for it.  Players should learn to tackle properly.

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

IMO Baath only wins that ball because he throws himself uncontrolled at the ball. If the rules were changed then Baath and Maggs both throw themselves at that ball and that's when you get broken bones (probably Maggs knowing our luck with injuries).

People say the games gone soft but its also never been faster and with that pace of game you would simply have 1/2 a squad out for a good part of the season under the rules from the 70s and 80s, I personally like to see our best 11 players on the pitch whenever possible.

Agree.

2 hours ago, WestonRobin said:

I thought the ref had a poor game. 

Couple of early challenges from them which should have been bookings - one on Flint springs to mind - and he didn’t even have a word with their player.

Their red is debatable, and in my opinion so is ours. Their player ‘bought’ the foul...most players do these days but Frankie didn’t bring him down. He threw himself at Frankies leg (poor decision from Frankie to come out though).

Never a free kick for their second - poor decision from Pack too.

Not blaming the ref for the loss - a couple of lapses in concentration which gave the ref the opportunity to make those decisions. We still have to be stronger and defend both set pieces far, far better - usually we do - but nevertheless the ref was poor.

I thought the ref was one of the best i’ve seen this season.  Pretty much got everything right.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I thought the Wolves player went in on Mags studs up so a red. With Frankie he puts his leg out and draws it back, then he either leaves it out or puts it back out (?), anyway the Wolves player makes sure he he caught andd goes down. Frankie shouldn’t have done what he did but the Wolves player was clever enough to make sure the Ref had little choice. 

Frankie put his left leg in, his left leg out, in out in out he shook it allowing about. 

Both reds IMO. As others have said re. Batth, he went in studs up and that`s a red all day long. Worth noting that the ref was fairly close with a good view too.

With Frankie you have to ask what does Doherty gain by going down? Alright, he gets Frankie sent off but there`s no guarantee they score as a result. He knew he was outside the box and had an open goal to aim at and I can`t see the potential advantage of having a man sent off would outweigh the probability of a `certain` goal.

Archived