IGNORED

The Aston Villa v Bristol City Match Day Thread 26

2 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Agree, ******* embarrassing. :grr:

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Proof if it was needed that some just have an agenda against certain players and won't let little things like facts get in the way of slagging them off. 

I`m listening on the radio and I knew Bailey was up against Albert.

Any old stick to beat Mags with though.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can someone who’s watching confirm if it’s Wright v Adomah or Mags.  Radio says it’s Wright, yet posters on here saying Mags v Adomah is getting murdered. Confused

Albert- Wright. Both passes from their left, nice goals both of them, header. Long balls in the air, Reid. Nothing happens fw, we have to change way of playing. Hope new players Come on in the second. We have to have the next goal. COYR!!!

Villa have been clinical. For me their opener was against the run of play, however, since they went one up they’ve grown in confidence and dominated things. We need to get one back early in the second half, somehow. Maybe by sticking Flint up front and bringing on NE with the instruction to get quality crosses in. Rather we changed things and pushed to get back in this game, even if it means we don’t manage to get back in it and end up losing by more. Reckon if we get one back early doors we can push on and their confidence/dominance will recede.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Think this is it really. We could be using these players but LJ obviously feels that he either can't trust them or that a tired BR is better than a fresh Woodrow.

I like LJ. Hope no one thinks I do not. Just think he could have rotated more than he has. I like all our players and would trust them in a mostly unchanged side. Example Woodrow with Paterson and Eliasson for Brownhill. Even if for only 60 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can someone who’s watching confirm if it’s Wright v Adomah or Mags.  Radio says it’s Wright, yet posters on here saying Mags v Adomah is getting murdered. Confused

Wright, he is nowhere near him though giving him loads of space. Adomah is being fed from midfield and their left back with no one seemingly able/willing to stop the supply, or put him under pressure when he gets it.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The word naive was invented for this performance so far.

Until their first goal we were marginally the better side, you could see the nervousness in them and the whinged and whined about every decision and then the midfield goes totally awol nobody goes with the runners and we are 1 down.

Whatever Pack thought he was doing for the 2nd goal is totally beyond me, if he thinks that being within 3 yards is closing his man down and trying to prevent the cross then something is seriously wrong with our coaching.

Now we are being mullered in midfield, we could not have played into their hands anymore if we tried.

Baker naive for his ridiculous booking, Patterson naive for twice being dispossessed dribbling across his own back 4, both full backs are being pulled to pieces, Bryan suddenly woke up with 10 minutes to go after Flint had been pushed upfield.

We play some pretty tippy tappy triangles but lack creativity.

Patterson naive for twice being dispossessed dribbling across his own back 4

I don;t understand why he does it, he could of passed it and let someone clear it both times.

We desperately need more players

If there has been a mistake it was a lack of a proper risk assessment re injuries and abilities of u 23s before season began

It looked ok from outside only because we have played a number of seasons with little depth and we

have been lucky with injuries too. 

Hope lesson learned

LJ has reacted and let’s hope he

has got it right

COYR

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

Wright, he is nowhere near him though giving him loads of space. Adomah is being fed from midfield and their left back with no one seemingly able/willing to stop the supply, or put him under pressure when he gets it.

Patterson naive for twice being dispossessed dribbling across his own back 4

I don;t understand why he does it, he could of passed it and let someone clear it both times.

I'm a nutshell sums our weakness in playing Wolves. Unnecessary, risky play. 

Basics, basics every time, especially when leading. 

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Thought we will get beat today, not over yet but injuries and recovery time is a joke, the FA need to look into this, is it any wonder as a Nation we are poor, just a money making merry go 'round for Sky and the big clubs. 

I’m not sure you can completely blame Sky for today’s schedule - after all, everyone was playing as today as indeed they were on Saturday.

But I completely agree that two days between games is insufficient. A Tuesday evening programme (i.e. tomorrow) would have made a bit more sense, but really I’d say the whole Christmas period needs at least one game less.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

If there has been a mistake it was a lack of a proper risk assessment re injuries and abilities of u 23s before season began

It looked ok from outside only because we have played a number of seasons with little depth and we

Hope lesson learned

has got it right

COYR

Not sure about that !

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Hope lesson learned

has got it right

COYR

Or we've been unlucky with injury and simultaneously done well, beefing up our fixtures.