IGNORED

Magnússon on the wing?

santibello

Watching him recently i think hes been amazing at supplying quality crosses and being a constant threat, but he lacks the positional know-how to be able to defend properly. 

Instead of keeping him as a fullback why dont we put him where bryan has been playing recently and bring bryan back? Then we dont open ourselves up as much and still get his quality crosses, long throws and free kicks. 

I remember hearing he trained as a number 10 and juventus, so this wouldn't be that weird surely? 

16 minutes ago, santibello said:

Watching him recently i think hes been amazing at supplying quality crosses and being a constant threat, but he lacks the positional know-how to be able to defend properly. 

Instead of keeping him as a fullback why dont we put him where bryan has been playing recently and bring bryan back? Then we dont open ourselves up as much and still get his quality crosses, long throws and free kicks. 

I remember hearing he trained as a number 10 and juventus, so this wouldn't be that weird surely? 

Yes, why not. He has a good leftfoot to find his targets.

Don't think he's agile or quick enough. Looks comfortable shooting and crossing though. Never really seen him dribble at defenders to judge how he'd get on with that either.

Unless you had it in mind that he'd play like a left footed Beckham!

I wouldn't be surprised if he moves into defensive midfield later in his career - a bit like Hegeler. Not sure if he could play there in this country though.

32 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Why are we trying to shoe horn Magnússon in our team? Great guy catchy song but we have better players than him that play in his position.

Never got the love in for the guy he has been pretty poor for us.

Because of the extensive injury list, and also maybe because we have so many young ones out on loan, we have been putting a lot of square pegs in round holes.

It's been very successful but the last two matches have proved conclusively to me that against the better teams, it will not work as effectively.

It has also highlighted to me, which players are only able to produce top quality wherever they play. The others will be ok for a while, but not as a long term solution in our search for a team to take us to new levels of achievement.

Archived