IGNORED

Positives from tonight

Major Isewater

Huddersfield were hammered by fellow play-off contenders Fulham, at Fulham, 5:0 last October. And Fulham beat them 4:1 in the return. They were also well beaten by us, here, and we were not headed for the top 6. They finished the season with a -2 GD, losing 15 times (but only drawing 6. I believe LJ is going out to avoid drawing too many games).

Huddersfield played three play-off matches, incidentally, including one hour of extra time, scored one goal, didn't win (or lose) one of them and now sit 11th in the PL.

All that matters now, is how we respond to today, and Wolves, and this might include how we go about this transfer window.

47 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

One positive from tonight

I have been contacted by a fair few of my Gas mates

Have not heard from them in months!!!!!!!!

Are they pleased with beating a team who were bankrupt and penniless a couple of years ago while our exhausted depleted squad tackle a team with parachute payments? 

BTW - why do you have a "fair few" gas mates. You not learning from your mistakes? 

Tonight we didn’t score when on top in the first 20 minutes and then didn’t take our chances early in the second. Had we have just scored one at those times it could have beeen so different. We rest up and move on. We are still only two points off automatic promotion. If someone had said at the beginning of the season that’s where we’d be at new year we’d have probably laughed. Norwich beware!  

2 hours ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

We lost 4- 1 at West  Brom and conceded 6 against Ipswich 10 years ago and still finished 3rd. Players need a rest. No one will moan losing handily Saturday or next Tuesday. After all the hard work the league is our priority and djuric and diedeous return might be just at the right time 

4th?

14 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

He failed tackle the goalscorer for one of their goals

So that means he played shit then? We were all over the shop on that goal and 1 v 1 with a player of Snodgrass’s quality will sometimes lead to a goal. To me he looked composed and the one plus of the night. 45 minutes of learning, those that want our U23’s bunged in the team have to accept these lads will learn on the job and make mistakes. Can’t have it both ways.

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

So that means he played shit then? We were all over the shop on that goal and 1 v 1 with a player of Snodgrass’s quality will sometimes lead to a goal. To me he looked composed and the one plus of the night. 45 minutes of learning, those that want our U23’s bunged in the team have to accept these lads will learn on the job and make mistakes. Can’t have it both ways.

Re: Kelly......Didn't say he played shit tonight. He was however poor at QPR. I appreciate that the lad has been called in to do a tough job when we are so low on players.  I am sure he will be a decent player eventually but at the moment he is very inexperienced and missing those sort of tackles and giving the ball away is what inexperienced players do. At this stage of the season and where we are positioned will call for quality and experienced players if we are to get over the line. This is where more experienced players back from injury and the the transfer window should help us.

42 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Are they pleased with beating a team who were bankrupt and penniless a couple of years ago while our exhausted depleted squad tackle a team with parachute payments? 

BTW - why do you have a "fair few" gas mates. You not learning from your mistakes? 

They are good lads who love football and support a local football team home and away

Not glory hunters watching Man Utd Chelsea etc on TV

My one positive from tonight is that I won’t ever have to go in the top tier of their away stand ever again. 

A truly horrible place in that concourse. Narrow, dank, cramped, no alcohol, can’t smoke. It had all the ambience of a prison. 

Thank our lucky stars we have a stadium to be proud of. Villa Park is a shithole. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

My one positive from tonight is that I won’t ever have to go in the top tier of their away stand ever again. 

A truly horrible place in that concourse. Narrow, dank, cramped, no alcohol, can’t smoke. It had all the ambience of a prison. 

Thank our lucky stars we have a stadium to be proud of. Villa Park is a shithole. 

What about for the playoffs?

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Teams like Villa and Wolves can bring on Multi Million pound players we can only bring on players like Matty taylor who is league 1 quality at best. We need to strenghten the squad with 4 or 5 players that are championship quality if we want to stay in the play offs

Prepare to be dissapointed as that's just not going to happen or is it possible

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Bottom tier wasn't all that either Harry.  Tonight was also yet another reminder of how good S82 and the singing section is, along with pretty much everything else is at the Gate these days.  Their 'noisy' fans consisted of about 50-100 morons in the corner who were only interested in watching and goading the City fans.

2 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

Bottom tier wasn't all that either Harry.  Tonight was also yet another reminder of how good S82 and the singing section is, along with pretty much everything else is at the Gate these days.  Their 'noisy' fans consisted of about 50-100 morons in the corner who were only interested in watching and goading the City fans.

Mate, that upper is the worst place I’ve been. 

Agree about their 50 ******** next to us. Laughable bunch. 

4 hours ago, dave36 said:

Injuries and tiredness were always going to be a problem with the number of games, despite that, the lads have done us proud, love Bobby to bits but he is not and never has been strong enough to be isolated up front, Leko and Woodrow are not worth any wage, not good enough as starters or subs! Taylor shows promise, but he has not improved on his div1 performance. Engval has suffered a recent dip in form but we need a front player at least until our injured forwards are match fit

SL has said no spending spree, so send the wasters back, sell the also rans and pursue loans that are good enough to start and ease some of the pressure on the first team regulars!  

And what about our u23’s and loaned out players? Surely we have a few that can be given a chance! Cotts stupidly had little faith in them, time for our progressive management to show some faith and ease some pressure!

Do we think SL’s just saying he’s not gonna splash the cash to prevent other teams taking the piss regarding huge transfer fees...? We will spend this January I’m sure :) 

16 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I was listening on Talksport and they mentioned him several times in a good way `important interception/good tackle by Kelly there`. that kind of thing.

18 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Not knocking thenlad but he also failed to get close enough and stop cross for their fifth

The failure to stop crosses appeared to have cost us on several occasions last night and can be a bit of an Achilles heel for us

Archived