IGNORED

Some Light Relief: Cardiff Fans Arguing About Tomlin

Xiled

Okay, it's been raised a number of times for a variety of reasons but after Cardiff's fourth straight defeat, it seems that their star summer signing is dividing opinions:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=191539

Let's be blunt about it we spent the bulk of our summer budget on a player that's not fit and 'doesn't fit' into the team

Several fans suggesting they move him on asap!!

We've had a narrow defeat and a bad defeat but an otherwise excellent December. They're in freefall and now pinning blame on Colin and Leicester Lee.  It's cheered me up tonight.

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Good. This has to be his last chance at this level. His record is common knowledge now. End of his career at this level if they move him on.

Indeed. Suprised Cardiff even took a punt on the fat mess but it was a Warnock signing all over, seems to think he is the master of getting the best out of a rough diamond.. evidently not in Tomlins case. As you said its the end for him at this level if Cardiff get rid and it will be a good riddance from me when that day comes :yes:

8 hours ago, bris red said:

Indeed. Suprised Cardiff even took a punt on the fat mess but it was a Warnock signing all over, seems to think he is the master of getting the best out of a rough diamond.. evidently not in Tomlins case. As you said its the end for him at this level if Cardiff get rid and it will be a good riddance from me when that day comes :yes:

Makes me feel a whole lot better about our time with Tomlin, if Warnock can’t handle him what chance did Lee have. I’m glad he was here though as it certainly taught Lee, Mark Ashton and Co a lot about signings,but I’m even gladder he has been cleared out and causing grief elsewhere, and to the perfect team too. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Makes me feel a whole lot better about our time with Tomlin, if Warnock can’t handle him what chance did Lee have. I’m glad he was here though as it certainly taught Lee, Mark Ashton and Co a lot about signings,but I’m even gladder he has been cleared out and causing grief elsewhere, and to the perfect team too. 

I think this is the relevant point for us. The vast majority of fans in that Cardiff thread are unhappy with his contribution but there is no indication that he is causing disharmony (we know for certain that he did take create trouble with LJ). So, their dissatisfaction is based on the limited playing time that he has had. When you've paid a considerable sum of money (their main summer signing) and the player does not appear to be fit and the manager won't play him then you've got a problem - all in the space of four months.

Bournemouth, Bristol City and now Cardiff have all failed to get him to play for his wage beyond occasional glimpses of quality.

Thank goodness we are now signing and playing players who are running themselves into the ground game after game. I watched Bobby Reid trying desperately to keep a ball in play around the 80th minute of the Wolves game when he was clearly exhausted. That level of effort should be recognised and applauded. I would take hard work and a desire to improve every single time when it comes to seeing players wearing our shirt.

16 hours ago, Xiled said:

Okay, it's been raised a number of times for a variety of reasons but after Cardiff's fourth straight defeat, it seems that their star summer signing is dividing opinions:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=191539

Several fans suggesting they move him on asap!!

We've had a narrow defeat and a bad defeat but an otherwise excellent December. They're in freefall and now pinning blame on Colin and Leicester Lee.  It's cheered me up tonight.

An unfit clown that doesn't care..kinda sums him up nicely.....great business by us shifting him on,and his disrupting influence at Cardiff is warming!

18 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

An unfit clown that doesn't care..kinda sums him up nicely.....great business by us shifting him on,and his disrupting influence at Cardiff is warming!

They really are getting in a right old paddy over there about it. Not one on that thread defending him.

I didn`t realise he was Warnock`s biggest signing (in many senses) though.

Archived