IGNORED

Why Coventry?

Betelgeuse

Guest alex_mike

Carey dosen't care about the football he wants the money and we should have cashed in on him after the playoff final or extended his contract during the season bad management from wilson i am afraid

Guest footy frenzy
Despite supporting cov, living down in Bristol I have spent a few hours down the Gate. Most people seem to think that Carey left you more money. That is definitely not the case. Joachim was on about 2 grand a week with us and he left because we wanted him to take a pay cut...I am surprised that anyone has joined us. A lot can, and probably will happen before we get our new stadium (it is laready 5years late) so any promises of glory made to him are highly unlikely.

Best of luck for this year, it was absolutely disgusting the way Brighton came up ahead of you. :@

I don't know where you got your figures from SBA but you will find that JJ was signed when we were in the premiership and was therefore on 12k a week basic plus bonuses and when his contract came up for re-newall he wanted an unrealistic 8k a week and 3k a week appearance money. He was offered 2k a week basic plus bonuses a fair wage considering out of a 3 year contravt he only managed to play 4 - 5 months in all

Anyway good look Bristol City you can do it this year and come and join us on here and talk with other like minded football fans about your chances

I suddenly have a horrible feeling of deja vu with this. 25 years ago during the Summer of 1979, Gary Collier negotiated his own transfer to ---- Coventry. What happened in 79/80 and subsequently I do not need to repeat.

Archived