IGNORED

Away game allocated seat etiquette

LondonBristolian

22 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Personally didn't enjoy it as suffer with back pain, so sat as much as I could. When I say I couldn't see much

I suffer with back pain too from a slipped disc. Standing for long periods (hour at a time) actually helps! When you sit down for periods your back will seize up so you probably did your back good by standing.

it was good to see everyone standing. Looked impressive and the atmosphere certainly benefited!

Made my feet feel very cold. What’s the rules about standing now and safe standing?

If you can stand - or not be made to sit - at Man City with the steepness of that South Stand why can’t you in ours?

Interested to know as I too thought that standing added immensely to the experience and atmosphere.

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Made my feet feel very cold. What’s the rules about standing now and safe standing?

If you can stand - or not be made to sit - at Man City with the steepness of that South Stand why can’t you in ours?

Interested to know as I too thought that standing added immensely to the experience and atmosphere.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/ - Everything you could want to know about it on this link.

26 minutes ago, chalky said:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/ - Everything you could want to know about it on this link.

Thanks @chalky Doesn’t quite answer my question though.

If 8000 of us did it on Tuesday night at the Etihad and either got away with it or broke the law what happens if the same 8000 do it at AG?

What’s the club’s stance? Anyone know?

12 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

If 8000 of us did it on Tuesday night at the Etihad and either got away with it or broke the law what happens if the same 8000 do it at AG?

@BigAlToby&Liam

There isnt a law on standing, the law is that clubs have to provide seated accommodation for fans.

The enforcement, of making fans sit in this seated accommodation is down to councils and SAG's, some enforce it heavily and threaten grounds with fans and stand closures, of which no stand has been closed for standing (Home Ends). Or they can take a more relaxed approach as our SAG does with S82 etc.

18 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I don't think that - under the current rules - any club can officially have a stance of allowing people to stand. If City were pressed on their view, it would have to be that everyone should sit in their seats as this is what the ground regulations insist on. However, from the link, it seems the law is worded in such a way that it comes down to how the club (and presumably the council where the stadium is based) perceive "persistent standing". So a club might decide someone standing in front of their seat all game is not causing a nuisance, as long as nobody complains.

I assume Man City's basic stance is "as long as nobody complains about people standing, and they do nothing that creates any kind of risk or discomfort for themselves or the people around them, we'll choose not to notice people are standing". Which I think any club can basically do. But, if there ever were a complaint or a safety incident, the club would have to explain why they were not asking people to sit.

In a weird way, it is very similar to the other thread about someone wanting to sneak into the ground with an under-19 ticket. It basically comes down to either taking the view of:

a) "We have a legal obligation to do this and we should play by the rules"

or

b) "It does no harm and we probably won't get pulled up on it so let's say nothing and assume we won't get caught out" .

4 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I think a factor may be how much room there was on each row.

The rake was very steep, but each row had more room than the ones in our South Stand do.

I was really angry with the allocation system imposed on us, I have a bad back and have had heart surgery, despite being aware of this City allocated us seats in row RR stating “all seats are suitable for disabled supporters”  hang on there next time I go to Manchester I’ll ask them to instal a stannah!

I physically could not climb that many steps (48 I think), luckily a steward pointed out some seats that were not allocated in row C. 

This has happened before, surely our ticket office staff are aware of what provisions the home team have for disabled visitors, or is that they can’t be bothered?

Archived