IGNORED

How are Derby above us?

Meh

24 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Straight question - straight answer. If you don’t like Pedants’ Corner, don’t wake us up!

Hey it’s all gravy baby - I spend a majority of my life there and a small percentage in hypocrites close !! :cool:

11 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

CITY in Europe, I’m taking the trophy every day. The premier league will come in time. This might be our best chance ever 

Best chance ever? Playing possibly the best team in the world over two legs then arse or chavs in the final... 

Zero chance. 

18 minutes ago, Manon said:

Best chance ever? Playing possibly the best team in the world over two legs then arse or chavs in the final... 

Zero chance. 

Minimal chance - zero is impossible and 2 teams of 11 men with the same size nets and ball is not impossible. I would say 50 to 1 would be fair - 100 to 1 horses have won the Grand National against many more opponents #believe 

2 hours ago, Neo said:

For those fans saying a cup over 2nd place  - surely that’s just a short gain albeit memorable forever I grant you.

Must be better to get into the elite league with more revenue, filled home games, exciting away games, tv exposure etc etc meaning we can build an even stronger team and then challenge every season for major honours - if of course we can stay in the league long enough to allow gradual rebuilding of a team capable of this?

Nah. 

I think the club is being so well run and set up, developing some quality players. We will be up there again next year if we don't go up this. Might not have a cup SF in the next few years. Give it our all v Man C, there are still about 18 games left in Feb, March, April for us to get points.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Minimal chance - zero is impossible and 2 teams of 11 men with the same size nets and ball is not impossible. I would say 50 to 1 would be fair - 100 to 1 horses have won the Grand National against many more opponents #believe 

Agree. 

WE'RE BRISTOL CITY...WE ALWAYS BELIEVE 

I would take 2nd for the long term benefits and then first season in the prem stabilisation and then second season winning the FA cup just after they change the rules to allow FA cup winners into the champions league in place of a league team.

A very selfish attitude I appreciate. Quite happy competing in the Chanpionship where over half the clubs are bigger than us. I can rock up and POTD at the two Sheffield clubs, Derby, Forest, PNE Barnsley etc. Won’t be able to do that in the Prem with the demand for away tickets particularly in the first few seasons. ST holders will take what is available and exiles will be one armchair fans.

However for the Club as a whole the Premiership is where the future is. And for those within easy commute of Bristol it will be wonderful.

To top it off Richard Scudamore is just waiting for us to get there before it becomes a Closed Shop! ;)

26 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

A very selfish attitude I appreciate. Quite happy competing in the Chanpionship where over half the clubs are bigger than us. I can rock up and POTD at the two Sheffield clubs, Derby, Forest, PNE Barnsley etc. Won’t be able to do that in the Prem with the demand for away tickets particularly in the first few seasons. ST holders will take what is available and exiles will be one armchair fans.

However for the Club as a whole the Premiership is where the future is. And for those within easy commute of Bristol it will be wonderful.

To top it off Richard Scudamore is just waiting for us to get there before it becomes a Closed Shop! ;)

I noticed this was last discussed by the prem bosses when we were looking good for promotion to the prem. Im just wating for it to be disscussed again now we're getting close again.

3 hours ago, Neo said:

For those fans saying a cup over 2nd place  - surely that’s just a short gain albeit memorable forever I grant you.

Must be better to get into the elite league with more revenue, filled home games, exciting away games, tv exposure etc etc meaning we can build an even stronger team and then challenge every season for major honours - if of course we can stay in the league long enough to allow gradual rebuilding of a team capable of this?

Indeed - so it could be short term gain v short term gain!

Either would be nice.

14 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As much as I’d love to see us win a cup, I’d take 2nd. 

Priority 1 - avoid relegation.

Priority 2 - win promotion.

Priority 3 - win the FA Cup

Priority 4 - win the League Cup; at least that's how it was all planned in August. Now five months later we are nearer to achieving priority 4 than 2 or 3.

31 minutes ago, 22A said:

Priority 1 - avoid relegation.

Priority 2 - win promotion.

Priority 3 - win the FA Cup

Priority 4 - win the League Cup; at least that's how it was all planned in August. Now five months later we are nearer to achieving priority 4 than 2 or 3.

Same as me but I would change 1 and 2 around back in August

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Yes,  but the Grand National is not over 180 minutes!

4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Didn't we have a cabinet built for the Gloucester Cup?

The reserves of Southern League teams used to play in Combination League. Until 1965 that had two divisions, but some clubs withdrew their reserves from it and the second division was dispensed with in 1965. City's reserves were the last team to win the 2nd Div and City asked the League "What happens to the trophy"? They were told they could keep it.

Theoretically that trophy is still somewhere in AG, but is it in a cabinet, or locked away in a cupboard?

For you younger Forum Members, in that Combination league, there was a real mix of teams, so this week it would be Exeter's reserves, the following week Arsenal or Spurs who might field some of their first teamers. Yep; crowds of 2,000+ at AG for those reserve games.

8 minutes ago, 22A said:

The reserves of Southern League teams used to play in Combination League. Until 1965 that had two divisions, but some clubs withdrew their reserves from it and the second division was dispensed with in 1965. City's reserves were the last team to win the 2nd Div and City asked the League "What happens to the trophy"? They were told they could keep it.

Theoretically that trophy is still somewhere in AG, but is it in a cabinet, or locked away in a cupboard?

For you younger Forum Members, in that Combination league, there was a real mix of teams, so this week it would be Exeter's reserves, the following week Arsenal or Spurs who might field some of their first teamers. Yep; crowds of 2,000+ at AG for those reserve games.

I think the reserves games were included in the price of the season ticket,  so the ST was very good value.

21 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

Yeah it would but we have Manchester City over two legs.

ThAt would make the trophy even more special...

I would take winning the league cup over promotion. As someone else said that would live with me forever and ever. Pundits, tv etc would relive it every single year etc none would ever be allowed to forget it and to do so beating Man United, Man City and then Arsenal/Chelsea would be ever more impressive.

if we got to play in the Prem we might do a Bournemouth/stoke/Burnley and be able to push on but alternatively we could end up doing a Bradford, Swindon or Portsmouth and languish in the lower leagues talking about that one time we got spanked in the Prem every week

Archived