IGNORED

Excited or nervous......

BCFC1512

I've only attended 1 semi final (at Villa Park many moons ago against Arsenal). It was a lousy game and tension filled the stands and seemed to stifle anything creative on the pitch. When Villa had finally got a result over the two legs, there wasn't so much a cheer as a huge sigh of relief all round the ground. Arsenal lads didnt take it lightly and West Midlands finest were in for a busy night

I’m excited; first major cup semi final for decades against one of the best teams in Europe who no one gives us a chance against, so am pleased to be part of the near 8k Reds roaring on the lads.

Just hope we give them a game, but will enjoy it regardless of result - I’ve seen us lose to terrible teams by big score lines on the road before, so no shame in losing to Man City if we do.

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I've only attended 1 semi final (at Villa Park many moons ago against Arsenal). It was a lousy game and tension filled the stands and seemed to stifle anything creative on the pitch. When Villa had finally got a result over the two legs, there wasn't so much a cheer as a huge sigh of relief all round the ground. Arsenal lads didnt take it lightly and West Midlands finest were in for a busy night

I was at the AG for our last semi against Forest. If we can take them as far as we did in that one I will be very happy.

41 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

So come on then what’s everyone’s feelings for Tuesday, I’m absolutely buzzing nearly 8,000 reds is gonna be incredible but a little part of me is bricking it, just hope they don’t score early and we collapse.

Saw the last semi-final as a 9yr old so seeing another is pretty special. 

Cant see anything other than a drubbing if i am honest but im using this as practice for when we go to these grounds next season!!

I’m not gonna be too optimistic about a result, and if we do pull it off Tuesday like someone said we’ve still got to do it all again.

however a very poor palace side managed to almost beat them just a week ago so it’s not complet lt beyond the realms of possibility.

i jusyvhope we don’t get stuffed and a goal to celebrate would be nice. Whatever happens all 8000 of us need to sign, shout, cheer and party hard to enough to be a 12th and 13th man for the boys

oh and if it’s a hiding stay til the end ffs and still clap the lads, it won’t be through a lack of effort or attitude.

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

I wont if I'm gonna be soaking wet and freezing cold...........

haha. Remember sheltering against the wall of the open end before kick-off to escape the horizontal rain! Still a great day out. Set my VHS to record the game but when I got home discovered I had forgotten to allow for extra time. Got the Walshie shot and not their winner - wasn't too upset though tbh.

Scenes when we head to the corner flag attempting to run the clock down from the 1st min at the Etihad, grinding out the most disgusting 0-0 of all time, criticised by football fans across the world for our anti-football.

Then bluff everyone back at the Gate in the return leg by turning up like Brazil 1970 and winning 3-0. 

Yes, I like the sound of that. 

35 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It does concern me  :laughcont:  that most on their forum think Pep will put out a strong / near full strength side 

:unsure:

What are the rules concerning strength of team? If they play a full strength squad could we get them thrown out of the competition, seeing as most prem sides drop their stars, only fair.

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

Excited, we're expected to lose so really a no lose scenario.

Unless we're doing well, then we would have something to lose and we would have a lose scenario, or no win scenario, unless of course we won. But the we can lose our no win scenario and it would be a no lose scenario. I need a sit own.

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’m not gonna be too optimistic about a result, and if we do pull it off Tuesday like someone said we’ve still got to do it all again.

however a very poor palace side managed to almost beat them just a week ago so it’s not complet lt beyond the realms of possibility.

i jusyvhope we don’t get stuffed and a goal to celebrate would be nice. Whatever happens all 8000 of us need to sign, shout, cheer and party hard to enough to be a 12th and 13th man for the boys

oh and if it’s a hiding stay til the end ffs and still clap the lads, it won’t be through a lack of effort or attitude.

100000% this!!

Enjoy the night out, occasion and the game, but I'm expecting a drubbing. Man City are ruthless and despite our weakened and sub optimal teams during the last few games, I expect the current form to have had some sort of impact on the pre Man U belief and confidence amongst our lads

I'll be glad when we're out of this cup so that we can focus on getting the form back on track in the league.

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thing is robbered they have stuffed everyone. We should be very proud. Regardless 

Of course I'm proud of how well we've done in the EFL cup, we all are I'd have thought.

As already stated Man Citeh have stuffed everyone and we all know they're PL Champions elect and very likely to chieve the Invincibles label, only the second team to go undefeated all season.

If we can restrict them to a narrow lead when they visit AG I'll be delighted but sadly I jsimply can't see it.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I'm nervously excited . 

:yes:

I’m nervously excited by how the various scenarios might pan out. Strange as it may seem I feel that City winning the first leg might not be the best outcome. A small defeat for City away might make Pep become a bit over confident, leading to him selecting a relatively weak team for the second leg. Then a storming performance by City and the fans would set up a City win - on the night and overall. 

That said, I have no objections to City winning 3-0 on Tuesday 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

I was at the AG for our last semi against Forest. If we can take them as far as we did in that one I will be very happy.

A great occasion. I hope this goes half as well. I thought we outplayed Forest at the time. Watched the highlights on you tube a few weeks ago and we were hanging on a bit. 

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

So come on then what’s everyone’s feelings for Tuesday, I’m absolutely buzzing nearly 8,000 reds is gonna be incredible but a little part of me is bricking it, just hope they don’t score early and we collapse.

I’m more concerned about the M6 roadworks than Man City :yes:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Of course I'm proud of how well we've done in the EFL cup, we all are I'd have thought.

As already stated Man Citeh have stuffed everyone and we all know they're PL Champions elect and very likely to chieve the Invincibles label, only the second team to go undefeated all season.

If we can restrict them to a narrow lead when they visit AG I'll be delighted but sadly I jsimply can't see it.

They didn't stuff Palace, but we did

Archived