IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

13 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

Peter Brackley commentator has passed away today famed for his commentary of the italian football show...Rip  

Have just read on BBC website, only 67.

Struggling to recall his voice, don't think he did much national commentary in recent years. 

Didn't know he did some voices for Spitting Image too, great thing to have on your CV. 

RIP

48 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

Have just read on BBC website, only 67.

Struggling to recall his voice, don't think he did much national commentary in recent years. 

Didn't know he did some voices for Spitting Image too, great thing to have on your CV. 

RIP

I was as well but just listened to him and I do remember his voice, did the Italian football when it first came out on CH4.

37 minutes ago, Super said:

I was as well but just listened to him and I do remember his voice, did the Italian football when it first came out on 

Exactly what I have done and can't believe I couldn't remember it, the football italia show was massively popular in this household and loads of others I'm sure. 

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

BEVERLEY Sisters star Babs Beverley has died aged 91.

The singer made a name for herself with hits like I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Little Drummer Boy and How Much is That Doggie in the Window?

I believe she lived for a while in Staple Hill with twin Teddie. Of course the other sister (Joy) was married to the great Billy Wright.

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Veteran BBC Newsreader Richard Baker has died aged 93 

Richard introduced the BBC's first ever TV News broadcast in 1954.     R.I.P. 

Yeah just seen this. One of the first newsreaders to become `known` (despite the BBC hating their `celebrity` status) along with Kenneth Kendall and Robert Dougall.

Another part of growing up in a more gentle age slips away.

RIP Richard

The Last Tango for legendary Italian film director Bernardo Bertolucci has been announced … the multi-award winner has died aged 77 after a battle with cancer.

His film The Last Emperor won NINE Academy Awards including best picture and best director..

However he was better known to me for his controversial Last Tango In Paris starring Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider which buttered us all up way back in 1972. 

Bernardo Bertolucci 77  - R.I.P. 

Archived