IGNORED

R I P 2018 thread ...

WhistleHappy

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

The Last Tango for legendary Italian film director Bernardo Bertolucci has been announced … the multi-award winner has died aged 77 after a battle with cancer.

His film The Last Emperor won NINE Academy Awards including best picture and best director..

However he was better known to me for his controversial Last Tango In Paris starring Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider which buttered us all up way back in 1972. 

Bernardo Bertolucci 77  - R.I.P. 

giphy.webp

4 hours ago, Calculus said:

Baroness Trumpington passed yesterday. Met her very briefly once - fantastic woman. I know, Conservative women won't be everyone's cup of tea but her obit is worth a read:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43756361

"I didn't write my autobiography and I've never read it either"  ?

• Admin
7 hours ago, Calculus said:

Baroness Trumpington passed yesterday. Met her very briefly once - fantastic woman. I know, Conservative women won't be everyone's cup of tea but her obit is worth a read:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43756361

Thanks for posting that, I’d missed it, what a character!

On 27/11/2018 at 14:31, myol'man said:

"I didn't write my autobiography and I've never read it either"  ?

That's not exactly what she said, though, is it?

'Even then, she found time to publish her life story, Coming Up Trumps, although she would shyly dismiss the ghost-written memoire.

"I don't understand what all the fuss is about," she told one reviewer. "I didn't write the damn book and haven't read it either."'

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Buzzcocks Pete Shelley 63.

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Pete Shelley of Buzzcocks has passed away at the age of 63 today ?

Very sad.

Thanks to him, and Howard Devoto, the Sex Pistols traveled to Manchester, and a thousand urban legends were created, and a host of actual bands were formed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/articles/2006/05/11/110506_sex_pistols_gig_feature.shtml

Ouch! That's a big loss. and has put a dampener on my day now. IMHO the best band to come out of Manchester (a place where loads of great music originated) and one that influenced so many others. Pete was a distinct and individualistic musician, not only as the Buzzcocks' lead but also as a solo artist. Saw him at Goodwood a few years ago and glad I did so now.:sad26:

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

Actress Dame June Whitfield, who starred in the TV sitcoms Terry & June, Absolutely Fabulous and numerous other radio and TV programmes has died at the age of 93.

Sad ... an example of someone who just seemed to always be there,  hardly notice or appreciate just how familiar or fond we are of them.... Until suddenly news of their death hits you, and you realise just how old they were (& we have become). 93 years is a bloody good innings but only now do we understand how much we'll miss 'em now they are gone..

R I P June Whitfield  …  

Archived