IGNORED

One of our own.

cidered abroad

23 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

I noticed on Boxing Day that Flint looked up when we were singing this and almost looked miffed... I know what we mean when we sing it but Aden is so much “ one of our own” albeit in a different way, that I actually felt guilty singing it just for Joe...

:facepalm: I imagine Aden really struggled to get to sleep that night. How traumatic for him.

50 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We already have two regular first team members from our Academy.

Do members not agree that we need to find songs for all Academy graduates as using "one of our own" for Joe Bryan only, is rather unfair on the others.

I do think we need to include Bobby in this… better than the other dirge 

They're two of our own, they're two of our owwwwwn......Joe and Bobby, they're two of our own

They're three of our own, they're three of our owwwwwn......Joe, Bob and Lloydy, they're three of our own......

Add and repeat as required

Ps.....this is not serious :disapointed2se:

21 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

They're two of our own, they're two of our owwwwwn......Joe and Bobby, they're two of our own

They're three of our own, they're three of our owwwwwn......Joe, Bob and Lloydy, they're three of our own......

Neither was my OP. Just a little light relief before we slaughter Man City tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

They're some of our own, they're some of our owwwww .... Joey and Bobby, they're some of our own

Wish we could come up with our own songs, the "one of our own" is identified with Harry Kane & Spurs, not us.

My favourites are "our" songs, Drink up thee Cider, Blackbird, Our name is , Flint saids no,

The ones I hate are , is this a library (dirge), x is a shithole (just rubbish) , stand up if you hate the gas (could not care less about such an insignificant little club)

Another old time possibility for Bobby Reid could be the Bobby Kellard, chant, based on the Beatles chorus , "la la la, la la la hey hey Bobby Reid"

Archived