IGNORED

So I Might Be A Glory Supporter

Welcome To The Jungle

So this is about my 4th attempt at writing this thread and trying to keep it brief, as I've been more or less written essays before deciding it was rubbish and deleting it.

In summary, I've returned to watching City. I watched the Man U game in a pub after being very disciplined and making no attempt to get a ticket. After I threw nearly a whole pint over the guy next to me after Smith scored, there was an urge to return that I couldn't repress. I subsequently bought a half ST the next day.

For those who don't know why I have not been attending, it has nothing to do with Lee Johnson. I was never In or Out. I guess more of a Shake It All About fan. I stopped attending last February when the atmosphere in AG was so toxic I just didn't want to attend anymore. This was compounded by a mis-trust of SL and Bristol Sport, as well as disillusionment with English football as a whole.  

I decided to take a season out (this one) to attend some local non-league teams, and maybe a few teams abroad to try and get back to football basics and enjoy the game for what it is again. I also took the time to reflect on how City is being run, compared to my own footballing politics, and I have mellowed somewhat.I will still be critical where I feel it is needed, but I've handed out praise for several things in the last few months, and I'll always give credit where it is due.

However it isn't easy trying to switch City off. I'm always on here, I listen to them on the radio if I can and I still talk about them more than anything. When Smith hit the net, I felt both elation and despair in the fact that I wasn't currently falling down rows of seats in delirium. 

However the simple truth is that English football is still broken and the atmospheres would probably return to what they were if we were in the same boat as last year, just like the sense of family and unity. All that has changed to bring me back early is a severe upturn in form.

So basically, I'm sorry I'm a principle-less fan who can be easily sucked back in by sexy football. 

Coyr

Don't think thats being a glory supporter though mate.

City are part of me, no matter what happens I will never be able to let go of City because it's part of how I was brought up. I've had to take a few years out before because I was so sick of what I thought we were becoming. It was horrible. I followed Weston-super-Mare home and away but it was never the same. I love watching football but I wasn't getting the same amount of passion out of it as I would watching City.

I deeply distrust Bristol Sport. Can't help it I'm afraid, I have infinite respect for Lansdown and what he's done here but I'm not entirely comfortable with what that represents. I also really resent English football at the highest echelons, it's so driven by money and the passion has been sucked right out of the top flight.

I'm largely enjoying the way the club is going at the moment though, we look set for brighter things and I defy anyone who was deciding to stay away at peak Johnson out to not be desperate to come back.

Welcome back WTTJ. 

16 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

So this is about my 4th attempt at writing this thread and trying to keep it brief, as I've been more or less written essays before deciding it was rubbish and deleting it.

In summary, I've returned to watching City. I watched the Man U game in a pub after being very disciplined and making no attempt to get a ticket. After I threw nearly a whole pint over the guy next to me after Smith scored, there was an urge to return that I couldn't repress. I subsequently bought a half ST the next day.

For those who don't know why I have not been attending, it has nothing to do with Lee Johnson. I was never In or Out. I guess more of a Shake It All About fan. I stopped attending last February when the atmosphere in AG was so toxic I just didn't want to attend anymore. This was compounded by a mis-trust of SL and Bristol Sport, as well as disillusionment with English football as a whole.  

I decided to take a season out (this one) to attend some local non-league teams, and maybe a few teams abroad to try and get back to football basics and enjoy the game for what it is again. I also took the time to reflect on how City is being run, compared to my own footballing politics, and I have mellowed somewhat.I will still be critical where I feel it is needed, but I've handed out praise for several things in the last few months, and I'll always give credit where it is due.

However it isn't easy trying to switch City off. I'm always on here, I listen to them on the radio if I can and I still talk about them more than anything. When Smith hit the net, I felt both elation and despair in the fact that I wasn't currently falling down rows of seats in delirium. 

However the simple truth is that English football is still broken and the atmospheres would probably return to what they were if we were in the same boat as last year, just like the sense of family and unity. All that has changed to bring me back early is a severe upturn in form.

So basically, I'm sorry I'm a principle-less fan who can be easily sucked back in by sexy football. 

Coyr

Welcome back. I too took a leave of absence from watching City when Pulis was the manager as I couldn't stomach the football.

The good thing is City is always in your heart and you have come back. AG really is a different place now.

It would be silly not to (watch us, this season). We are very easy on the eye. And playing probably the best stuff - baring in mind the level we are currently competing at; and the standard of England's second tier these days - in the time I have been watching (first full, or regular, ish, season, was 79/80: a relegation season). 

Fortunately I've never had the mindset of taking a season off. It has never occurred to me because subconsciously I know I couldn't do it.

City has been ingrained in my life for decades and become an integral part of it. Not to attend is simply beyond my comprehension. 

The only thing that would stop me would a heavy dose of man flu....

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

No need to apologise :). As long as the passion never dies. I suppose it's like a best mate you haven't seen for ages, and you just pick up where you left off. Or like not watching Eastenders for years - and then you watch an episode, realise Ian Beale and Phil Mitchell are still there, and it's like you've never been away. Or something.

3 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Coyr

Get over yourself pal.

Resonates with me - I used to post under newboy so long ago that I've had to re-register. I started under Danny Wilson but stopped watching in S'OD days when I thought that spending 25% of my spare time away from a young family was too selfish and ultimately unrewarding with the rubbish on display.

Try as I might I couldn't stop following city games on OTIB/BBC and occasionally paying on NOWTV, but could not bring myself to try to get tickets for the Manchester games since it seems, well unfair to potentially deprive a fan who'd far more than me and far more loyal.

Reckon it's about time I bought the next gen boy (now 7) to his first city game and get a 1/2 season ticket but feel like an absolute fraud!

2 hours ago, newboy2 said:

Resonates with me - I used to post under newboy so long ago that I've had to re-register. I started under Danny Wilson but stopped watching in S'OD days when I thought that spending 25% of my spare time away from a young family was too selfish and ultimately unrewarding with the rubbish on display.

Try as I might I couldn't stop following city games on OTIB/BBC and occasionally paying on NOWTV, but could not bring myself to try to get tickets for the Manchester games since it seems, well unfair to potentially deprive a fan who'd far more than me and far more loyal.

Reckon it's about time I bought the next gen boy (now 7) to his first city game and get a 1/2 season ticket but feel like an absolute fraud!

Get back down there! :city:No one's going to mind…

7 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Coyr

Slut.

Welcome back pal. ;)

Archived