IGNORED

Success

Esmond Million's Bung

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I will say yes.

He has improved players - Sterling. Arsenal players could also benefit.

He has despite the reputation of being all about the money brought in Alonso for a low fee elsewhere. I would suggest the signing of Stones who at the time I posted about on here would represent value, was a quality footballer and not a joke, and had the rare ability in an English player to play such a pivotal role in a Guardiola side, is the type of player Arsenal could have afforded if they had a man like Mr Guardiola in charge.Arsenal have spent forty million plus on signings they are not paupers.

Ta.

Please don’t get me started on Stones :P

As a Centre-Back, I cringe at the way he defends.  I’m actually shocked by some of the defending he does...and other ‘rated’ CBs in the Prem.  But I guess Pep just wants him to play football out from the back.  I think City, for all their qualities on the ball, will fall foul in the latter stages of the Champions League when they come up against the technical sides, who can start to share possession more equally.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta.

Please don’t get me started on Stones :P

As a Centre-Back, I cringe at the way he defends.  I’m actually shocked by some of the defending he does...and other ‘rated’ CBs in the Prem.  But I guess Pep just wants him to play football out from the back.  I think City, for all their qualities on the ball, will fall foul in the latter stages of the Champions League when they come up against the technical sides, who can start to share possession more equally.

Stats for you. John Stones errors that have led to goals this season - One. That puts him in the echelons of EPL defenders. He wins as many duels in the air as a certain Mr Flint. 1 v 1's top notch again ... Distribution one of the best in Europe. The latter is more important than the former to Man City.

19 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Stats for you. John Stones errors that have led to goals this season - One. That puts him in the echelons of EPL defenders. He wins as many duels in the air as a certain Mr Flint. 1 v 1's top notch again ... Distribution one of the best in Europe. The latter is more important than the former to Man City.

Stats, Stats and Damned Lies, or something like that!!

52 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

nWith all of his passing ability and lack of defensive qualities, where does that leave him as an England international CB?.

As pointed out John Stone's aerial ability, defending 1v1, lack of error statically put him alongside the very best in the EPL. Liverpool have paid a huge sum for similar.

Mr Southgates thoughts on the future player, England dna would again indicate how much emphasis he puts on playing out through thirds v booting it.  And this is Joh Stones ... His exceptional passing ability offers Mr Southgate more tactical flexibility. The use of Walker and Rose pushed up and central defenders splitting, and often splitting unusually deep, the use of Stones as a form of short passing quarterback by Mr Southgate would indicate A. England's Manager rates John Stones B. He has been watching Manchester City very closely = If fit, he is playing.  

Brighton and Leicester spent several years narrowly failing to win promotion before finally doing it. I don't know how the makeup of their squad changed over those seasons or if they "went for it" in January of any seasons, but clearly it is possible to endure several seasons of not-quite-good-enough before getting there.

We have a squad of good young players who are only going to get better, a development squad absolutely stacked to the rafters with potential future first teamers and a team that plays excellent football and appears to have a lot of fun doing so. One or two may decide they need to move on for their careers but if I were in their shoes I'd think very carefully about what I was leaving.

If we fall away and finish 7th-12th it'll be disappointing but will still be in line with the more optimistic predictions for the season. It'll represent a good progression on last season and a good foundation for success next season. The only concern would be that it would likely mean the team had suffered a fairly catastrophic loss of form for the second season running. That would be something for the management to look very closely at.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It is open to debate though.  Could he for example re-build Arsenal without being able to out-muscle all other teams financially in the Prem.

That is the outstanding question.....Barca, Bayern and City are financial heavyweights in their country.  Of course Spain has Real too, and this country has Man Utd and Chelsea offering stern competition.

I don’t know the answer.

I will say that he learned quickly that last season no game is a guaranteed 3 pointer, like in Spain and Germany.

He's just a Spanish Lee Johnson.

(Didn’t want to start a new thread but there’s a dressing room video on Instagram with Frankie Fielding having a chuckle

What caught my eye was the slogans and writing on the wall

Lee likes his motivational phrases and quotations !!!!

I do like this one

These things require zero talent’

B876C97E-7A6D-487F-9797-86AB01CC9AC7.png

47871411-67E9-47D4-8315-3041054C2418.png

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(Didn’t want to start a new thread but there’s a dressing room video on Instagram with Frankie Fielding having a chuckle

What caught my eye was the slogans and writing on the wall

Lee likes his motivational phrases and quotations !!!!

I do like this one

These things require zero talent’

B876C97E-7A6D-487F-9797-86AB01CC9AC7.png

47871411-67E9-47D4-8315-3041054C2418.png

What caught my eye was the highest fade ever seen in BS3.

Good quotes though mind.

Archived