IGNORED

What a difference a Die(dhiou) makes.

LondonBristolian

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

if he could just improve his first touch a bit could be a diamond

Kind of agree, but he is just coming back from a bad injury and playing against possibly the best team in the world so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

It was nice to see the ball being played up to him and him having the strength to stand his ground and not have one of the CB's just go through him to get the ball like with Reid. Not knocking Bobby, but we all know due to his size he will never be great as a target man.

Looking forward to him getting back to full fitness.

Love Fammy - glad to have him back.

Thought he still looked rusty in his first touch, and still needs work on his overall play, maybe a little wasteful in possession once or twice and probably could have made a couple of better decisions, i.e two times when he went for the spectacular finish, when a cool head and ball back in or across was a better choice.

If he improves that though, what a handful he will be.   

10 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Am I the only one he doesn’t think his touch is that bad? He doesn’t stop the ball dead but it’s usually within Is control even if he has to work to retain it

Think it is the inconsistency of his touch 75-80% of the time it is fine. Just 2-3 of every ten is poor. 

He played well enough I just wish he didn’t drift wide so much. He is no Kodjia and I’d like to see him spend more time in and around the box. 

44 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thought he was cracking second half. Obviously not back to full fitness but makes such a difference to our attack. Bloody glad he is now back to help our promotion push.

Agree. He just lacked a little sharpness which is to be expected given how long he's been injured.  Certainly gives us more options now for the remainder of the season.

Archived