IGNORED

Sane

Greedo

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Cannot believe people crying about his celebration, you need to have a word if you get offended by that!

Don't think too many are offended. Just commenting on his lack of class in a week when we lost Jimmy Armfield. 

All very comical really. 

S82 did our usual of berating the corner taker in front of us. This week it happened to be Sane. We like to do this as even if there is a 1% chance it puts an opposition player off their game then we’ve done our job as fans. 

Clearly Sane heard it and took umbrage, and no surprise that he ran to us with a finger on his lips. Fair play to him, I’ve no problem with that. 

Naturally though, this will stoke up the fans more and so he got berated even more. No malice or seriousness in any of it, just good old footy banter. We gave it, he gave it back, we gave him some more. Nowt to cry over, just good fun. 

And yes, Aguero did motion an apology to us with his hands just as they were heading back to the restart. So fair play to him as well. 

I don't know about the celebration, but if that is what £37m buys you, we are made for life developing players like Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan - that's £100m already. Yes Sane scored an easy goal and made an easy goal, but over two legs he wasn't in the same class as the MC players around him, which is probably what really riles him.

By their standards I didn't think he was that good.

Shot wastefully on a couple of occasions when others were better placed and lacked composure a few times.

Maybe Section 82 got to him?

In contrast Aguero was class throughout and his finish for the goal was sublime.

Sadly some brain dead monkey behind me wanted to make something of it because I applauded him off when he was substituted, absolute *******.

28 minutes ago, Olé said:

I don't know about the celebration, but if that is what £37m buys you, we are made for life developing players like Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan - that's £100m already. Yes Sane scored an easy goal and made an easy goal, but over two legs he wasn't in the same class as the MC players around him, which is probably what really riles him.

He has just turned 22. I got your point but 37m was an investment just like 1.5m on O’Dowda was at a similar age. We expect COD to get better. Imo Sane has the chance to be a special player. One that can play for any top team in the world. Imo he could be similar to Gareth Bale if he gets it right. 

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

By their standards I didn't think he was that good.

Shot wastefully on a couple of occasions when others were better placed and lacked composure a few times.

Maybe Section 82 got to him?

In contrast Aguero was class throughout and his finish for the goal was sublime.

Sadly some brain dead monkey behind me wanted to make something of it because I applauded him off when he was substituted, absolute *******.

You can't teach class to some fans, unfortunately. 

I’m not usually an advocate of applauding players off (or managers - as some bizarrely like to applaud Holloway) but I can understand why some applauded Aguero off.

He’s one of the very best in the world and has been for many years. I think there are a few players like him, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta etc where you can understand fans appreciating their ability and career.

I must specify however that under no circumstances should Holloway be applauded on Sat. He does NOT like this club or our fans no matter what he says.

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

All very comical really. 

S82 did our usual of berating the corner taker in front of us. This week it happened to be Sane. We like to do this as even if there is a 1% chance it puts an opposition player off their game then we’ve done our job as fans. 

Clearly Sane heard it and took umbrage, and no surprise that he ran to us with a finger on his lips. Fair play to him, I’ve no problem with that. 

Naturally though, this will stoke up the fans more and so he got berated even more. No malice or seriousness in any of it, just good old footy banter. We gave it, he gave it back, we gave him some more. Nowt to cry over, just good fun. 

And yes, Aguero did motion an apology to us with his hands just as they were heading back to the restart. So fair play to him as well. 

I don’t disagree with any of this and when the ball didn’t come back for the corner he seemed lost and uncertain about how to react. Perhaps at 22 he’s yet to learn that.

Putting his finger to his lips when he scored? Christ alive. How dare he :facepalm:

Thing is some of the abuse he received was, whilst mildly amusing at the time, was upon reflection puerile.

Did Johnson really say Sane was a****?

17 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I don’t disagree with any of this and when the ball didn’t come back for the corner he seemed lost and uncertain about how to react. Perhaps at 22 he’s yet to learn that.

Putting his finger to his lips when he scored? Christ alive. How dare he :facepalm:

Thing is some of the abuse he received was, whilst mildly amusing at the time, was upon reflection puerile.

I must admit I did find that chant very funny. Puerile as hell obviously but it did make me laugh.(I didn’t join in though.)

I quite like it when players try to wind up fans, obviously as long as they understand it is only going to escalate things and are happy to enjoy and go along with that.

Worth mentioning in all this, Sane is an utterly immense player. I can see him being Man City’s star man in two or three years.

16 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

It was more the news about his Mother that may have surprised him :whistle:

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’m not usually an advocate of applauding players off (or managers - as some bizarrely like to applaud Holloway) but I can understand why some applauded Aguero off.

He’s one of the very best in the world and has been for many years. I think there are a few players like him, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta etc where you can understand fans appreciating their ability and career.

I must specify however that under no circumstances should Holloway be applauded on Sat. He does NOT like this club or our fans no matter what he says.

Not strictly true...I was in the Lansdown Restaurant after the QPR game last season and Holloway came in after the game, congratulated us on the victory and said he hopes we stay up. He also went on to have some good-natured banter with the City fans who were still there. I actually think there's some mutual respect there, although I'm sure not everyone on here will agree!

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Must admit I’m not such a fan of that chant. Bit tedious and unimaginative. We can and frequently do do much much better.

Talking of chants whats the one that sounds like 'we all hate Rashford' ? if it is was it some antics he performed during the AG match? 

I did not like the C word chants.

Lots of kids and ladies at football - occasional use of the word is fine - continued use is a bit crass and could lose us supporters who don’t want kids/partners hearing that week on week.

Hopefully isolated rather than a chant that will be regular.

Banker etc is fine obviously as true for the majority of attendees.

5 minutes ago, phil_clevedon said:

Not strictly true...I was in the Lansdown Restaurant after the QPR game last season and Holloway came in after the game, congratulated us on the victory and said he hopes we stay up. He also went on to have some good-natured banter with the City fans who were still there. I actually think there's some mutual respect there, although I'm sure not everyone on here will agree!

My view on Holloway - and I may be wrong about this - is he is passionate about Bristol Rovers but even more passionate about Bristol. If the subject is Rovers v City then he will slag us off to the max but I think he genuinely wants to see a Bristol based team put the city on the map. No doubt he loves beating us - and why shouldn’t he? - but I think he wants to see a Bristolian team in the premier league and knows that is unlikely to be Rovers. Hence his love-hate relationship.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Talking of chants whats the one that sounds like 'we all hate Rashford' ? if it is was it some antics he performed during the AG match? 

I asked about this one a while ago.  I thought it was "We all hate pasta" but last night it sounded more like "We all hate Bradford".  Apparently, it's the rather inelegant "We all hate gas scum".

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Is that the “we all hate gas scum” one set to Tom Hark? Pretty sure half our fans and all opposition songs have no idea who we are chanting there - unless you know it, the words are really hard to make out.

Pesonally I don’t see any reason to dignify Rovers with songs. They are so far behind us they are scarcely worth thinking about...

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I asked about this one a while ago.  I thought it was "We all hate pasta" but last night it sounded more like "We all hate Bradford".  Apparently, it's the rather inelegant "We all hate gas scum".

I wish I had some likes left today... first time I heard it I could not work out what the hell Asda were supposed to have done...

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Pesonally I don’t see any reason to dignify Rovers with songs. They are so far behind us they are scarcely worth thinking about...

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, Fiale said:

"we all hate gas scum"

Oh... haha... i get it now. Cheers. Silly chant anyway.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Greedo said:

but this skidmark wound me right up. 

@Greedo What did he do to wind you up?

11 hours ago, 054123 said:

The way he cekebrated his spawny goal lacked class. No need for it, nothing personal aimed at him up to that point.

He ran over with his finger covering his lips, hardly lacking class - there have been lots of worse celebrations in front of opposition fans compared to that

4 hours ago, Super said:

Just saw it back put his finger to his lips surprised a lot are taking issue about it. Non event.

Agree, this is more than a little cringey

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Don't think too many are offended. Just commenting on his lack of class in a week when we lost Jimmy Armfield. 

Struggling to see what relevance the passing of Jimmy Armfield has to Sane' celebrating that goal??

TAKEN FROM post 885 on Page 89 

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/leroy-sane-2017-18-performances.329626/page-89

It was particularly the lot in that corner.

The same people who held onto the ball & ****** about, laughing their inbred heads off, when 'their own team' is a goal down in a cup semi final.

I don't believe they were proper Bristol City fans in that area, just a bunch of ******* tourists, probably rag/scouse supporters who have their local team as their '2nd team', hence giving Sane abuse.

Again, the attitude some perceive as 'arrogance' in this thread, means he can stand up & give it back, like many great champions do.

7 hours ago, Olé said:

Have you been watching Man City this season. Some of the things Sane does are outrageous. I take your point however, it is difficult to shine in a team like that.

14 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Is that the “we all hate gas scum” one set to Tom Hark? Pretty sure half our fans and all opposition songs have no idea who we are chanting there - unless you know it, the words are really hard to make out.

Bloke tapped me on the shoulder yesterday with his very young son next to him to ask me what the song was - awkwardly explained that it was "we all hate gas scum", took even longer to explain the 17 years thing.

Don't think it's a particularly good chant but it's a good atmosphere generator I guess.

Archived