IGNORED

We were in the tie until the very end!

ChippenhamRed

Just got back. What a proud night for our club!

For me the most remarkable thing about tonight was that for all Manchester City’s brilliance - and brilliant they were - for all their riches, for all their mesmerising players, for all their world class coaches........we were still just about in the tie until the very end!

That’s 180 minutes of football against one the greatest sides in the global game - and after all that, we had a sniff right at the end to get the ball into the box and claim extra time.

And that, for me, makes me enormously proud of this club and massively optimistic about our future.

COYR!!!

Great summary and we need to bear this in mind and not see too many critical posts like we saw re Hodor recently. Every one of our players gives everything they can and should be praised, with none picked out for blame or 'rubbishing'.

Hope B.B.Super B learns this and then gets back to good posts on here. Holloway needs stuffing and I am sure every single player will try 100% to deliver this. CoYRs.

There won't be many teams, that play Man City twice and they require last Minute winners to secure both results. 

Classy players. Classy manager that paid us the respect of a playing a full strength squad with substitutions only in last part of the match. That says to me that we were always in the game and Pep was consciously aware of what we can do. We did just not enough in the end. 

They way they treated the ball boy with his trip to the Etihad. Don't really care about the PL, but Man City totally did it the right way. Gone up in my estimation. 

Mutual respect between our clubs. We did ourselves proud. 

CTID

Stevo

2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

There won't be many teams, that play Man City twice and they require last Minute winners to secure both results. 

Classy players. Classy manager that paid us the respect of a playing a full strength squad with substitutions only in last part of the match. That says to me that we were always in the game and Pep was consciously aware of what we can do. We did just not enough in the end. 

They way they treated the ball boy with his trip to the Etihad. Don't really care about the PL, but Man City totally did it the right way. Gone up in my estimation. 

Mutual respect between our clubs. We did ourselves proud. 

CTID

Stevo

Let’s not forget Man city were timewasting with their subs toward the end too. I don’t say that as a criticism of them - more that it was a compliment to us they deemed it necessary.

9 hours ago, cityexile said:

When Brownhill got to the byline at the death, for a split second I was just wondering, wishing, praying, well...you know.

If he'd had got that to the far post we have 3 players waiting.  However did we need extra time when Man City still had Sterling and Toure on the bench.. probably not.

• Admin
2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Is it my memory/bias or did Man City have very few clear cut chances? They dominated possession and had loads of shots but most were ouside the box. I reckon it was at least 30 minutes before Steele had a substantial save to make and I do not remember many after that. We really did make it tough for them. 

Yeah they had lots of the ball, but not really in areas where it was going to hurt us, but that said we never really looked like scoring for long periods.

Shame we didn't get the chance to attack some corners as sure Bravo would have struggled last night

Archived