IGNORED

Atmosphere

ZiderEyed

Well said that man, outstanding when you compare with what can be generated in those little sheds north of the river and also just 2 years ago during redevelopment when we could hold 15k.

I trust our sales team are trying hard this week to contact everyone who was there at the two semis to buy tickets for the league games which now ( if not always) assume priority. Apparently TV mentioned Bristol several times in context of a great club,a great city, us able to sustain good crowds. Even a mention of there being another club- pirates- almost an afterthought! Bet blyefew have hated this season so much but I don't read local press nor listen to local radio so can only assume and hope this to be the case.

Maybe the sound doesn't travel too well to the stand we were in, but I thought it was a bit poor tonight, right up until you scored. That's not meant to be a particular criticism, especially after how quiet we were at our place, but having watched your game against trafford, I expected a bit more.

Very decent fans though, had a good  chat with a few in the cricket club, and walking to and from the ground.

Man City probably the best side at killing atmospheres for home sides. First half was quite flat due to not really having anything to get the crowd going. Nervousness killed us which is understandable. Second half a lot better though.

MCFC, It’ll be interesting to get your perspective on the above on what your possession and pressing football does to opposing fans home atmospheres?

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Special mention to the early leavers tonight so desperate to get back to their amazing lives - it was the most expensive ticket you’ve ever bought and you missed two goals. Well done.

Quite a few came back though when they heard the cheers

4 hours ago, MCFC said:

Maybe the sound doesn't travel too well to the stand we were in, but I thought it was a bit poor tonight, right up until you scored. That's not meant to be a particular criticism, especially after how quiet we were at our place, but having watched your game against trafford, I expected a bit more.

Very decent fans though, had a good  chat with a few in the cricket club, and walking to and from the ground.

Yeah having the noisiest section further away from the away fans doesn’t help. Was pretty good tonight but understandably nothing like the United game.

I thought your away support was disappointing. Expected much more in terms of noise. Maybe going into every game expecting to win erodes a bit of the tension for your fans.

When a team spend 75% of the entire match tapping the ball between the opponents 18 yard box and the half way line it gets, well, kind of boring. 

Amazingly skillful, bit a million miles from the excitement of 2 teams counter"attacking each other with wingers and whipping the ball in. 

Skill level and novelty factor 100%

Entertainment value 30%

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah having the noisiest section further away from the away fans doesn’t help. Was pretty good tonight but understandably nothing like the United game.

I thought your away support was disappointing. Expected much more in terms of noise. Maybe going into every game expecting to win erodes a bit of the tension for your fans.

To be fair they didn’t make a sound up there so wasn’t expecting too much. They do seem to have the turn up and win attitude, not surprisingly. But to be fair to @MCFC the sound doesn’t travel too well along the ground sometimes. I sat in a different seat for ManU and I think the atmosphere and general interest in that game was far greater. I was in my normal seat last night in E29 and although it wasn’t bad I have been in better crowds.

5 hours ago, MCFC said:

Again no real criticism aimed but I’ve been majorly disappointed with the Man City fans over the 2 games, especially after what I have heard over the years about your support.

A good atmosphere at any ground is usually generated when there are 2 teams singing, again last night it seemed as if only a 1/4 of your fans were up for it.

As someone has already said, I suppose that’s what going in to every game expecting to win does to you.

Have a good rest of the season, I would like to see you win the CL. 

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

When a team spend 75% of the entire match tapping the ball between the opponents 18 yard box and the half way line it gets, well, kind of boring. 

Amazingly skillful, bit a million miles from the excitement of 2 teams counter"attacking each other with wingers and whipping the ball in. 

Entertainment value 30%

If a five-goal semi final against the best team in the country is 30%, what is an ordinary league game under Sean O’Driscoll?

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If a five-goal semi final against the best team in the country is 30%, what is an ordinary league game under Sean O’Driscoll?

No more then 28.

I didn't mean the goals etc. Just the general pattern and style of the game. The sort of style that often needs 35 passes before a shot.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The answer is, "not that long ago".

Can't believe where we are in Jan 2018 after the pain of that SO'D time. Finding anything to criticise (see other threads for details) seems utterly bonkers to me.

I'm not a happy clapper, I'm a realist. In my experience very little is perfect. If the atmosphere wasn't quite as good last night as it could have been, I could put that down to a bit of fear and nervousness.  At stake was our first major cup final for 100+ years and potentially a victory over one of best (and most expensive) clubs in the world.

@ChippenhamRed you're absolutely right to highlight the difference. Today isn't a day to be critical, I have nothing but pride for BCFC and our support. As many people have said to Mags on Twitter - we go again!!

33 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Entertainment value 30%

That’s my fear with the ticki tacka football that Pep brings to teams, it gets a bit tedious and boring. Teams haven’t sussed a way to counter it but as you say Cotswoldred it’s not entertaining and verges on tedious. Even last night I got bored watching them in possession

4 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Thought it was poor from all other than the 900 in the corner. Only time I saw/heard the West Stand make any noise at all was to do a Viking Clap and then give Aguero a standing ovation, pathetic.

The 1970s are gone, babber. They're not coming back. 

Agree at times it was quiet but I'm fed up with it always being left to s82 to make the noise how about other stands do something as well, I'm sorry but too many just sit on there arse and do nothing and then moan about atmosphere. On that note I'll grab my coat :laugh:

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We can do better at home though. Can’t be left exclusively to the corner.

Thought south stand was louder but might be because the guy sat next to me actually joined in rather than the usual season ticket guy.

Archived