IGNORED

Fielding, Fammy & Baker Updates

Unan

The City goalkeeper sustained the problem back on his old Pride Park stomping ground on January 19th, forcing his substitution at half-time.

Absent for City’s Carabao Cup semi-final second leg tie with Manchester City, the custodian will also be sidelined for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash with QPR at Ashton Gate (3pm).

Assistant head coach Dean Holden told BCTV: “Frankie is going to be out for anywhere between ten days and three weeks.

“It’s difficult to put an exact timescale on it because everyone heals differently. If Frankie and I both had the same injury, it doesn’t mean we’d both be fixed in the same amount of time.

“We just have to the medical team do their work with Frankie and hopefully he’ll be back as soon as possible.”

Holden admitted Famara Diédhiou could be ready to start a game now after a brace of substitute appearances since his return from a knee injury.

Meanwhile, Nathan Baker has shrugged off an ankle injury.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-play-waiting-game-on-fielding-recovery/

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think the vast majority of us check in on the OS on a regular basis but thanks anyway for posting that TS............:facepalm:

I don’t care how often, or how many places I read that Baker has shrugged off his injury! 

It’s such good news, plus great that Fammy’s Comeback has gone to plan. 

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t care how often, or how many places I read that Baker has shrugged off his injury! 

It’s such good news, plus great that Fammy’s Comeback has gone to plan. 

The Baker/Flint CB pairing is a formidable one and when either of them is missing it unbalances the entire team as LJ has to rearrange the back four which can and often does mean changes further up.

Good news that Baker wasn't too seriously injured.

Archived