IGNORED

Jon Stead

ontariored

17 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Top player, top bloke.

Never can get this 'servant' business though- he was paid as much as we could and buggered off when someone offered him more. Hardly the required behaviour of a servant.

Its so true! The love in for ex employee's of the clubs always makes me cringe.

Stead seemed alright, i didn't know the bloke personally and i doubt any on here did so where the 'he was a top bloke' comes from is a bit strange.. he might of been a right**** out of football, who knows? 

He put a shift in most games but like many in the modern games was payed a very very handsome sum each week for doing so. I might be cynical man but christ its the very least to expect from a person isn't it really when say 5,000£ a week take home after tax and ni is being offered to play a sport like..

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

One gave 100% every game, engaged with the fans after games and was sold when told he was no longer needed. The other went into a sulk, virtually went on strike, went from world beater to Park player (sometimes in the same game), angled for a move away to a ‘better’ team ( :D ) and never engaged with the fan base. All in all, not THAT surprising. 

Couple of stories and pics in the links below showing Luke Freeman engaging with fans....including singing Xmas carols!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/golf-day-proves-huge-charity-success/

Yes @BS4 on Tour..., he was fully involved, and about as good with the actions to 12 days of Xmas as I am with Agadoo!

Its too even to make negative comments like the ones above, when most don’t see anything that they do away from the pitch.

The CHSW ‘thing’ seems to ingrained in their ethos these days....they seem to enjoy being there, even though it’s not easy for them.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes @BS4 on Tour..., he was fully involved, and about as good with the actions to 12 days of Xmas as I am with Agadoo!

Its too even to make negative comments like the ones above, when most don’t see anything that they do away from the pitch.

The CHSW ‘thing’ seems to ingrained in their ethos these days....they seem to enjoy being there, even though it’s not easy for them.

Apparently I’m not allowed any more ‘reactions’ today - so  “Like” .....

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Its so true! The love in for ex employee's of the clubs always makes me cringe.

Stead seemed alright, i didn't know the bloke personally and i doubt any on here did so where the 'he was a top bloke' comes from is a bit strange.. he might of been a right**** out of football, who knows? 

He put a shift in most games but like many in the modern games was payed a very very handsome sum each week for doing so. I might be cynical man but christ its the very least to expect from a person isn't it really when say 5,000£ a week take home after tax and ni is being offered to play a sport like..

I understand what you are saying. Jon Stead though was an ambassador for our club and although earning a good wage also gave back his time, efforts and some cash to the local community reference this link from 5 years ago. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jon-stead

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes he was, really like the guy. He deserves lots of plaudits. Funny how Luke Freeman gets booed though when he made lots more appearances for us than Stead and won proper silverware for us....it’s a funny old world...

When a player refuses to play it doesn’t go down well with supporters Luke let himself down big time for doing that with us and not exactly moved on to a better team has he. I certainly wouldn’t give him a clap as I would to Jon Stead

Posted about him scoring a really good goal in the last round too. Seems to enjoy scoring on FA cup runs, scoring in every round for Bradford in 2014-15 until they got to the quarter finals, including that famous victory over Chelski at Stamford Bridge, when he scored the opening goal with a cracker, then was really classy in setting up the 3rd & 4th goals.

As others have said, top bloke, top professional & liked at every club he has played at, which is some going in itself!

If we were specifically looking for  an attacking coach, Wilbs & Stead would seem good future options as they certainly seem to have the right attitude to the game.

10 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

When a player refuses to play it doesn’t go down well with supporters Luke let himself down big time for doing that with us and not exactly moved on to a better team has he. I certainly wouldn’t give him a clap as I would to Jon Stead

Do you know for sure exactly what went on behind the scenes with Luke? I’d guess you probably don’t, and then he apparently said this over the weekend.... http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/queens-park-rangers-winger-luke-1130677

All I know is, Luke Freeman was an integral part of a City side that won proper silverware for the first time in 60 years....and I will applaud every member of that squad whenever they come back...

Archived