IGNORED

Appeal Baker’s red?

Alessandro

Appeal Baker’s red?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. We’ve slept on it and seen the highlights. Still not a red? Appeal - Yes. It’s a red, don’t risk an extra ban to 4 games - no

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/18 at 10:00

6 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

In my opinion I’d appeal based on the Fulham incident . The reaction of Bailey got that overturned the same would apply here.

I had a feeling he’d send him off given his previous and the fact that he’s just comeback from a ban. It was a “look at me  I’m back” decision.

Can referees be banned?

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Yeovil lad had his extended to 5 games as deemed frivolous . 

I thought straight red was automatic 3 games. 

You can't tell how they are going to receive an appeal. 
On our side would be clips of several experts and Holloway saying yellow and as such shouldn't be considered frivolous . 
But he did leave the ground, and as I said you jut can't tell how they'll react. Toss up , 0 games or 5 games missed. I'm leaning slightly toward appeal.

Professional fouls are only 1 match, like Frankie's red.

I would appeal as I don't think it could be deemed a frivolous appeal so we shouldn't be looking at an extra game if its unsuccessful and given how split people's opinions are it including pundits etc then we may have a chance. 

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I said on the other thread that if we all agree it was a foul and pretty much all agree it was a yellow, the chances of getting it overturned on the basis of “it wasn’t that bad” are slim. I think we’d have a fair chance of it being classed as frivolous and as such get given an extra game.

Dont appeal and hope it’s a one game ban for a foul rather than a 3 game for serious foul play

Basically this. Everyone agrees it is at least a yellow. Plus he has that scissor look to his legs when he goes in. As it stands he will miss two bottom clubs and a faltering leeds side and back for a high flying Fulham. I say take our chances in the next 3 knowing he will be back for our next hardest match imo. 

6 hours ago, marmite said:

In my opinion the only reason it was a red and not a yellow was their players reaction. Rolling around in agony, long session with the trainer, back on and running in on goal within 2 minutes. Yes it was a foul and a def yellow but talk about exaggeration from their player. Disgraceful. Maybe the appeals committee wont see it my way though.

Also the difference in build Bakes running at top speed towards a littl'un looks terrifying even when there was no malice in the tackle. 

I think Baker was a bit rash but the challenge  was nowhere near as bad as some people and that cheat Scowen made out.

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

As this is deemed a yellow card I would definitely appeal ;) 

Made me wince when I watched it live. Can,t believe it was only a yellow. How many officials are there now at games. 4 minimum and he got away with a leg breaker. No intent at all in going for the ball. Bet Warnock didn't see it. Am I right in thinking as he got a yellow it can't be reviewed?

10 hours ago, simon uk said:

We are obviously biased here folks, that tackle at face value for a neutral is definitely running the risk if a red,,, he wasnt fully in control of what he was doing and could have been a leg breaker if the connection was a fraction out...

we ought to be asking baker why he committed to that challenge in a position on the pitch where it wasn’t necessary, rather than query why the ref gave it.

Agree, but worth the appeal still.

Archived