IGNORED

Cold water, shocking PA

Bristol Rob

The PA system has been awful for many years. I previously had a season ticket in the Dolman and it was bad - now in the Lansdown Lower and it is even worse. 

Yesterday’s sound was constantly distorted - as if the guy reading out the team sheets was shouting down the mike. 

I often go to Anfield, and the PA announcer there is so clear perhaps we should ask their advice!

Come on City - get this right - we have been moaning about this for years .... surely we can fix it ..

Mark has already said that 20k was spent on it to make the PA right, so either that hasn't worked or there is a need for those who feed content in to the PA to under go further training.

The training aspect might be slightly tricky though as I would guess there would quite a difference between an empty stadium and a full one.

28 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The PA system sadly isn’t helped by a certain match day announcer who likes to scream what he’s trying to say into the microphone, distorting things even further. :gaah:

Bring back Tim Shires! 

But if hes shouting down the mic the system should be able to cope with that..Its his job to generate atmosphere but unfortunately the system isn't up to the job.

Literally before kick off it distorted big time.Something is seriously not right with it and someone said they spent 20k on improving it..The club need to spend a little more than that your talking bigger figures to even provide a system that works,it also happened when Tim shires was on the mic.

6 minutes ago, Cider Army said:

But if hes shouting down the mic the system should be able to cope with that..Its his job to generate atmosphere but unfortunately the system isn't up to the job.

Literally before kick off it distorted big time.Something is seriously not right with it and someone said they spent 20k on improving it..The club need to spend a little more than that your talking bigger figures to even provide a system that works,it also happened when Tim shires was on the mic.

Exactly. £20k is nothing. 

The 2 speakers in my living room are worth 15% of that and I don't have to pay anyone to install them. 

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Could the PA system issues be more to do with the audio actually being fed in to them rather than the system itself?

Just saying like.

Yes it could be I know theyve always had issues with the mic down at pitch side that was before the new development..But I would be very surprised if it is to me seems an all round fault

Against Manchester utd the pa announcements when people went on the pitch could hardly be heard I think its more than just mic

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone else notice a lack of hot water in the gents today?

I can assure you the temperature in the gents was definitely warm. Almost body temperature.

More concerning was the lack of clear signage. Which was why I ended up washing my hands in the urinal by mistake. Imagine my embarrassment.

17 minutes ago, Cider Army said:

Yes it could be I know theyve always had issues with the mic down at pitch side that was before the new development..But I would be very surprised if it is to me seems an all round fault

Against Manchester utd the pa announcements when people went on the pitch could hardly be heard I think its more than just mic

Could also be the cabling. Poor/Cheap quality speaker wire will give poorer frequency range 

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Could also be the cabling. Poor/Cheap quality speaker wire will give poorer frequency range 

Absolutely this could be a factor its the entire system could be down the amplifiers or speakers used  it could also be down to the stadium itself..just after the millennium stadium was built I had the privalige to walk around the stadium the control room the amp rooms which was beyond fantastic..But one thing that I found out that pressure as the stadium fills up affects the entire system this was also controlled that's on another level but it gave me the insight of workings. 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

E29 Dolman yesterday: PA sounded like it was underwater, it’s usually bad but this was the worse I’ve heard it.

S18 corner of South Stand/Lansdown today : crystal clear. 

So that pretty much tells us its not down to the mic,I was sat at the front s22 row 4 and it was awful.

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone else notice a lack of hot water in the gents today?

Additionally, the public address system in my bit of the Dolman was beyond terrible today, couldn't make put a word (S32)

The only positive to this was that with there being no hot water today, the hand driers seemed less cold than usual!

MORON ALERT

The PA system has been crap since the redevelopment of AG.

Most otib users know that I've complained about it on here numerous times and get very little information back from MKelly who been conspicuous through his absence - assuming he still works as stadium manager of course.

I mentioned it to Adam Baker at a recent Senior Reds lunch and he agreed that's it crap but could offer no explanation.

The inertia from the club to rectify the sound problem is truly laughable. 

Do those employed by the club who have the authority to get the issue fixed actually care? 

The PA system has  never been clearly audible for nearly two years so the answer to my own question is that no they don't care.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Most otib users know that I've complained about it on here numerous times and get very little information back from MKelly who been conspicuous through his absence - assuming he still works as stadium manager of course.

I mentioned it to Adam Baker at a recent Senior Reds lunch and he agreed that's it crap but could offer no explanation.

Do those employed by the club who have the authority to get the issue fixed actually care? 

The PA system has  never been clearly audible for nearly two years so the answer to my own question is that no they don't care.

Mark is now Managing Director of Ashton Gate stadium and has been for 7 months.

Prior to that he was the Chief Stadium operations officer for Bristol’s sport. 

His role has obviously changed so it’s Not a surprise he isn’t on OTIB much. There is also a new FLO they Bristol sport has employed, he seems approachable so he might be able to get answers . 

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They should care because the pa contributes to health and safety not just the atmosphere..Pathetic if they don't and your right it has been crap.

27 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

There is also a new FLO they Bristol sport has employed, he seems approachable so he might be able to get answers . 

I know that, I've exchanged emails with him but it's not up to us as fans to chase explainations from the club about the PA system .Someone with authority should keep us informed via the OS or the Suppoerters Club & Trust.

Archived