IGNORED

Baker 3 game ban CONFIRMED (Merged)

cidered abroad

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think it’s completely fair to draw attention to the complete lack of consistency in application of the law, don’t you?

Can you offer any explanation whatsoever as to why Baker misses three games and Bennet’s punishment was a yellow card, that isn’t ‘a referee got it wrong’ ?

I think when even a rival manager (who just so happens to despise your club) is saying that a yellow card was sufficient then there’s got to be grounds for feeling hard done by.  

No.

The officials at Cardiff got it seriously wrong. Unfortunately, the Laws of Football do not, in that case, allow for retrospective action to be taken. That seems anomalous to me, but them's the Laws.

Hollowhead's opinion, like all managers, matters not. He neither makes, interprets or implements The Laws hence his words are verbal chip wrappers.

Your argument is akin to Sutcliffe bemoaning he's suffered a far greater punishment and done more time than Shipman even though he killed far fewer victims...... Both were guilty, both deserved to be punished.

44 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

No.

The officials at Cardiff got it seriously wrong. Unfortunately, the Laws of Football do not, in that case, allow for retrospective action to be taken. That seems anomalous to me, but them's the Laws.

Hollowhead's opinion, like all managers, matters not. He neither makes, interprets or implements The Laws hence his words are verbal chip wrappers.

Your argument is akin to Sutcliffe bemoaning he's suffered a far greater punishment and done more time than Shipman even though he killed far fewer victims...... Both were guilty, both deserved to be punished.

Interesting that you should try and use an analogy concerning serial/mass murderers to justify a football decision, but you also reference Holloway and, given some of his previous utterances, this perhaps makes sense: or, perhaps not. 

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interesting that you should try and use an analogy concerning serial/mass murderers to justify a football decision, but you also reference Holloway and, given some of his previous utterances, this perhaps makes sense: or, perhaps not. 

Reductio ad absurdum?

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Well now we know that it was a red card in todays game.  So everyone moaning can now realise they were wrong I guess.

The problem was that some refs give a red and some only a yellow, so as a fan (who is naturally biased) it's hard to see the Cardiff player get away with that tackle.

On another day, Baker would have only got a yellow and that would have been that. It's a lottery really with some refs.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

That period of pressure from QPR came after Holloway had obviously got into them but the fact they couldn't maintain it wasn't down to just Smith but the fact that QPR just weren't fit enough.

I think it was because we went deep, and despite Bobby being in the midfield, it’s a different ‘press’ from there than up front. It was like Reading at home last season.  I’m hoping LJ has realised that as capable as Korey is at RB we lose something in midfield without him.

The question he needs to answer is can Brownhill be affective enough to warrant picking Smith at RB.  To answer that you have  to look at the partnership, etc.  If Korey goes to RB, then you’re talking about a Pack / Brownhill Central two as one option. It’s away from home too, does that factor into the decision.  Alternatively you go Walsh / Pack, possibly giving that additional energy (away from home) by playing Brownhill on RM, leaving Kent out.

Of course you could just play the naturally left footed Magnússon instead of Baker and keep Wright where he is.

Its not an easy decision, merits in most options.

Personally I would go with Mags, and as we are away, go with Brownhill, Smith, Pack....and then decide whether Pato (might need a rest) or Kent.

Ask me again at 18:45 on Friday and I might think differently.  Tough one.

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely ******* ridiculous that one of our best players is out for 3 or even 4 games (potentially) for this and Bennet will miss one game for Cardiff for this.

nintchdbpict0003812721422.jpg?strip=all&

When is common sense going to come into refereeing?

Couldn't agree more. Sadly this seems to be the Cardiff training manual at present, if you can't get the ball, get the bloke. Disgraceful. 

Simply replace Nathan with Hörður.  He is better at CB than LB anyway.

That is the least disruptive way.  We don't look so good at all with Korey missing from midfield.

Can always switch it at HT if Hörður is having a mare.

Looking forward to seeing a little more of Kent and Dioni too. I think Kent may even start. Even possible that Dioni might start too with Fam on the bench for the second half if needed.

Not sure about Walsh yet though.

8 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

So the guy who rolled around like he been machine-gunned, holding his knee when any impact wasn’t any where near, gets away scott free? 

Shocking double standards by the FA given what happened to Wrighty at Fulham.

Exactly....acted like he had been shot by sniper in a low grade B movie.......pathetic, he should be the one getting a card for overacting

Well, there may be one factor not yet considered.

It seems highly likely that Madine will be a Cardiff player before Friday with Bolton signing some Feyenoord striker to replace him.

Why does that matter? Because on the evidence of the home game Madine would have targeted Hörður and given him a working over.

In his absence and with the new guy unaccustomed to English football, we may be able to play Hörður there.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It seems highly likely that Madine will be a Cardiff player before Friday with Bolton signing some Feyenoord striker to replace him.

Why does that matter? Because on the evidence of the home game Madine would have targeted Hörður and given him a working over.

In his absence and with the new guy unaccustomed to English football, we may be able to play Hörður there.

Very good point, last year Gallagher (when at Blackburn) did exactly that....went ‘our left side’ every time to ensure keeper kicks went in Hörður’s direction.  That’s no slight on Hörður, but astute tactics.  Gallagher didn’t win everything, but it was a tough battle for Hörður.

Interestingly, back in 14/15, Madine played for Cov v us in the JPT.  They knocked it around quite nicely first half, O’Brien and Barton finding Madine with anything shoulder-down, and Flint and Williams really struggled to pinch balls.  Madine won’t run in behind you, but he’ll give you a platform.  I hope he is gone by Friday.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Unlikely I know as he had only appeared as a substitute this season, but they have Wilbraham who obviously is "streetwise" and would give Hörður a bit of trouble. They could start him especially if they sign Kramer and he isn't up to speed - from the small amount of footage I've seen he looks big and decent enough in the air but totally different style of play to Madine. 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“End of” is such an arrogant way to sign off a post - so no-one can continue to discuss the subject because you say so?! 

Korey played right back for Norwich, in a team that got promoted to the premier league....did you know that?

14 times in his career, of which at least 2 were with us....but he can obviously play there.  Have I Out-pedanted you?

12 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

So the guy who rolled around like he been machine-gunned, holding his knee when any impact wasn’t any where near, gets away scott free? 

Shocking double standards by the FA given what happened to Wrighty at Fulham.

Tbh. In all likelihood, as with campaign against holding at set pieces with pens being awarded v defending sides last year, the FA picked a few examples...

Wright was unlucky that it happened early. FA barely enforce this at all at the moment, do they??

Had it taken place in mid December, I doubt he would have got the ban.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good effort but not sure you’ve achieved that status yet! How do you know it’s 14 times?

I’ll never get there....pipe dream :P

Transfermarkt - go into detailed performance, then instead of filtering by season, filter by total results.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“End of” is such an arrogant way to sign off a post - so no-one can continue to discuss the subject because you say so?! 

Korey played right back for Norwich, in a team that got promoted to the premier league....did you know that?

Yes I did but they had a quality midfield and he was not the player he is today as a midfield general.

Archived